Triggers: Wanna replace mil-spec - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Triggers: Wanna replace mil-spec

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2531 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

The Rock River 2 Stage is the way to go for the quality and the money. They are excellent triggers and you can find them if you shop around for $100 or less sometimes. The start out good and get better as they lap in smoother around 100 rounds! You will not believe the difference. 1 lb free travel in the first stage and 3.5 lbs on the break!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-03-2012, 02:51 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post

The Rock River 2 Stage is the way to go for the quality and the money. They are excellent triggers and you can find them if you shop around for $100 or less sometimes. The start out good and get better as they lap in smoother around 100 rounds! You will not believe the difference. 1 lb free travel in the first stage and 3.5 lbs on the break!

I have read some real negative stuff on the RRA 2 stage. Lots of talk about how they can become quite "spongy". Any weight behind this or is it just not a high round count trigger?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post

Really, I always thought the First stage being controlled by the trigger spring was the bulk of the pull and the break was significantly less due to the seer engagement at that point being less than a hair. 1lb first stage with a total 3.5lb trigger would mean 2.5lb break on the seer engagement.

Last edited by QFive; 01-03-2012 at 04:43 AM.

Old 01-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #14

Upgrading your trigger all depends on what you like and are familiar with...single stage or 2 stage. It also depends on how much money you're willing to spend on a new trigger. Me, I like single stage triggers. I'm currently using a DPMS stock trigger in my AR, but like you I'm thinking of upgrading my trigger, but I'm not willing to part with 150 or more dollars for that trigger. The 2 options I've found, with great reviews from other shooters and forums, is either Bill Springfield or the Mega Tactical trigger. From what I understand you can't go wrong with either one. On top of asking other shooters, be sure to do your own research on what you want. Other shooters have their own preferences...just because they like something and haven't had any problems with it, doesn't mean it's the best option for you.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 01-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I bought the Geissele SSA but I have yet to put it in. I watched the video of Mr Geissele showing how to do it and in the video you see something go poiyoyoiyoioing and fly up in the air right at 4:52......ooookeh! LOL!! Supposed to be super triggers.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #16

Have you shot any 2 stage triggers before? Any buddies have them?

Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFive View Post
Have you shot any 2 stage triggers before? Any buddies have them?
Are you asking me QFive?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
Are you asking me QFive?
No, I was asking the OP. On the same note keep us informed of how you like the SSA.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Any thoughts on the Timney Skeletonize Drop in 3.5lb. trigger?