Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Trigger source for new build (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/trigger-source-new-build-106918/)

royalwapiti 05-11-2014 03:19 AM

Trigger source for new build

Looking for a 4.5 pound single stage trigger for a new build. Don't want to put a bunch into it. ie. not looking for a $100 or more trigger.

Most inexpensive ones are what seems like 9 or 10 pounds. Are there any light inexpensive ones ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

okdonk 05-11-2014 06:41 AM

Check out the ALG ACT $65 or the ALG QMS $45.

dwmiller 05-11-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okdonk (Post 1573844)
Check out the ALG ACT $65 or the ALG QMS $45.

The ALG ACT with a set of RRA yellow National Match springs should get the pull your after and meet your budget...

Ibmikey 05-11-2014 09:30 PM

ALG ACT absolutely the best value for the money. I have five AR's with this setup, like them as well as a couple of assembly's that cost me around $200.

FrontierTCB 05-11-2014 09:48 PM

The guys are right in top of it here! I just recently tried an ALG QMS in one of my builds. I will be switching all my stock FCG's over to them very soon.

When this many of us agree on ONE thing, there has to be something to it. LOL

royalwapiti 05-11-2014 10:18 PM

Thanks guys. Will order them. Both ARs that I bought whole are RRA. I like the two stage NM trigger but want to try a lighter single stage.

The last one I bought was the Predator Pursuit, sweet !!!

dwmiller 05-11-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalwapiti (Post 1574121)
Thanks guys. Will order them. Both ARs that I bought whole are RRA. I like the two stage NM trigger but want to try a lighter single stage.

The last one I bought was the Predator Pursuit, sweet !!!

Let Us Know how it turns out...

sweeper22 05-15-2014 01:54 AM

I have one premium ($200) trigger in an AR. It's a Hiperfire Hipertouch 24...that I landed for about $100. Great 3lb precision trigger.

All my other guns wear either ALG QMS ($40) or standard PSAs that come in their stupid cheap LPK/LBK packages. I really like the QMS as an affordable upgrade. Milspec weight (5-8lbs), but very crisp. All of the basic PSA's I've worked with (probably 15-20 in total) have been near QMS quality. Not sure why, but they too are quite crisp. I upgraded my Daniel Defense trigger to QMS...however I have yet to feel the need to upgrade any of my cheapo PSAs. Go figure.

toddchaney 05-17-2014 12:14 PM

Should go with ALG ACT.

royalwapiti 07-07-2014 03:30 AM

I went with the ALG qms. The. $45 one. But then I went looking for a lower parts kit without a trigger and finally decided to go with a RRA LPK with hogue grip.

I put my Predator Pursuit upper on my lower and it rocks ! !!

The lower is a billeted uncolored. Need to settle on an upper and then cerakote or some color system. Hoping for a 20" stainless barrel.

Took the predator pursuit to South Dakota to shoot prairie dogs. It was nice sniping dogs at 250 yards but way more fun killing them with a .17 HMR at 100 yrds. You can see your results!