Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Trigger not Resetting all the time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

Default Trigger not Resetting all the time

I did an inexpensive build.

During firing, the trigger does not reset every time (but it does reset most of the time). I have to pull the trigger again, then it resets.

I have approximately 150 rounds through it and I am thinking it has to do with the trigger spring.

Any ideas?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I had something similar happen to me. I took the upper off the lower, then disassembled the trigger and put it all back together. It has worked just fine since then. The only thing that I could figure out was some foreign matter had gotten down into the trigger assembly and caused it to malfunction once in awhile.

Live each day as though a fire is raging in your hair!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

take the fire control group out and reassemble its possible to get the install a little wrong and cause those issues

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #4

Liked 1976 Times on 1174 Posts
Likes Given: 424

Make sure the hammer spring and trigger spring are installed correctly. I haven't had the problem you describe where pulling the trigger would get it to reset. I have seen the disconnector fail to grab the hammer and prevent it from following the carrier. This can happen from installing the disconnector spring upside down and not allowing the disconnector to have full travel.