Triangular endcaps
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Triangular endcaps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Triangular endcaps

Will the quadrails accept the triangular endcap???? Or am I going to have to take the sight off and replace it with a round one? Probably a DUMB question but I'm new to the AR platform so please forgive me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
Will the quadrails accept the triangular endcap???? Or am I going to have to take the sight off and replace it with a round one? Probably a DUMB question but I'm new to the AR platform so please forgive me.
Most likely, the triangle endcap will not work with most quad rails. BUT, I do know for example that the UTG free floating quad rails I got mount outside and around the endcap, not in it, so they MAY work, I just don't know.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #3

Default Thanks MOSHPIT

UTG is the only brand I have come across that acknowlegdes the triangle configuration. I'm thinking of putting a free float quad on with a flip up front gas block sight which would eliminate the need for an endcap anyway so I guess it is a moot point.

THANKS!

Old 04-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
UTG is the only brand I have come across that acknowlegdes the triangle configuration. I'm thinking of putting a free float quad on with a flip up front gas block sight which would eliminate the need for an endcap anyway so I guess it is a moot point.

THANKS!
You'll like the UTG quad rail. I love mine.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:30 AM   #5

I might just do that...I'll have to spend $80 on a YHM sight anyway. I've found one major problem with these AR's....I can't make up my mind. There are way too many options, but that is a good thing. I think I'll just forget about it for awhile. I just got back from a Gunshow and now I'm really confused. AK's were going from 385 to 650 and the Ar's were starting at 600.....just a barometer for anybody who cares.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:37 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
I might just do that...I'll have to spend $80 on a YHM sight anyway. I've found one major problem with these AR's....I can't make up my mind. There are way too many options, but that is a good thing. I think I'll just forget about it for awhile. I just got back from a Gunshow and now I'm really confused. AK's were going from 385 to 650 and the Ar's were starting at 600.....just a barometer for anybody who cares.
I have the front and back YHM flip ups and love them. Excellent quality.