Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > torn between larue, bcm, and lwrc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default torn between larue, bcm, and lwrc

Looking for a new ar...so figured what better place to get some opinions to help me make up my mind!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2133 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

cig,

In addition, I would certainly look at Rock River Arms, Stag Arms and LMT! (Lewis Machine and Tool) All of these are excellent and some of the finest ARs made. And the RRA 2 Stage NM Trigger that comes standard in their rifles is "GREAT!" to say the least!!
Just some additional thoughts.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #3

Yes I appreciate it I'm pretty much locked down to these three at the moment for this purchase! But will take those into consideration on my next purchase in the near future!

Old 08-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #4

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

BCM would be the best "bang" (pun intended) for your buck IMO.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #5

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

Everyone will have different opinions based on what they own and what they have shot . I have shot 9 different brands and as far as accuracy and dependability there just wasnt a lick of difference in the 100 rounds I put thru each of them besides the cosmetic looks of each. Now were only talking about 100 rounds but all of these guns have been previously shot and I cannot tell you the round count as they are not mine . Be smart buy what you can afford ., Now Im not telling you to go out there and buy the cheapest one you find because I dont suggest that . Buy a quality firearm in your price range and dont have any regrets in your purchase . Run all kinds of ammo thru it from cheap tula , wolf to match grade rounds and see what shoot good in your gun and go from there . Alot of people also ask . Whats the best gun for $1000? This is the million dollar question because it all depends on what your need are , do you want optics with that in $1000 range or are you going to need to buy sights with it ? How far will you be shooting ? Combat rifle or bench type shooter ? Barrel length 14.5, 16 18, 20, or 24" ? What caliber ? What tacticool accessories are you going to need on it ? Light, laser, scope, red dot, sling, handguard, etc ?
So many things to consider when purchasing a black rifle and so much to choose from it will leave your head spinning trying to figure all of this out. I could tell you I think brand X is better but someone else may say brand Y or Z is better .
Think about the above stuff a while and come back with what your wanting to use it for . I will say this just because a certain brand costs a higher dollar amount does not mean its the better choice.
Of your choices you have on there BCM would be the best choice for me . Why you ask ? Proven rifles , accurate, and dependable and lastly cheaper price wise than the others you listed and it would do everything I would ever need and I dont even own a BCM if that helps .

Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #6

I understand your reply but it was just a generic question...I don't really have a price range just looking for a few opinions of people that may have owned or own these weapons that I can base my purchase. I realize there are numerous manufacturers of ars and it really boils down to personal preference...but regardless of what I'm going to use it fr there re people with opinions.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Then I'll give you a generic answer....bcm.
Why? Because it starts with b and therefore comes first.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #8

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciglecias View Post
I understand your reply but it was just a generic question...I don't really have a price range just looking for a few opinions of people that may have owned or own these weapons that I can base my purchase. I realize there are numerous manufacturers of ars and it really boils down to personal preference...but regardless of what I'm going to use it fr there re people with opinions.
True but opinions are like A holes , everyone has one
With well over 200 different manufacturers I highly suggest picking the roll mark on the side that you like thats in your price range so long as the rifle has the specs you want .

My generic personal preference for a battle rifle would be 14.5" or 16" mid gas , 1:8 twist chrome lined barrel , MPI / HPT tested F/A BCG ,Geisselle single stage trigger @ 3.5# , FSP , Magpul MOE stock and rear sight , Hogue overmold grip and a Troy TRX 9" handguard to top it off with a optics I would go with a Aimpoint Comp M3.

Bench rifle would be a whole different request for me and would not include much if any of the above

Last edited by purehavoc; 08-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #9

Now we are talking!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #10

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Remember of the guns you mentioned, LWRC weapons are piston operated, while BCM and Larue are direct impingement guns. I currently shoot 2 LWRC rifles, and both are exceptional guns. If you're going to go piston I would rank LWRC at or near the top. They are also expensive. Piston guns clean up much easier because you don't have a weapon that $h!ts where it eats, so to speak. If that's important to you, only you can decide. I find myself shooting my LWRC guns more because of this. The less time I have to spend cleaning after a lengthly range session with AR's, the better. If I ever purchased any more AR-15 rifles, they would be piston. Most likely I would try an LMT piston gun in .308.