Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Top Five AR Tools (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/top-five-ar-tools-18203/)

KAG 09-18-2009 01:14 AM

Top Five AR Tools

Well, what are they?
I am new to the AR platform so the most useful tools I have now is a debit card, a truck, and a wife who "likes how it looks".

Dillinger 09-18-2009 01:22 AM

1) - An AR WRench

2) - A Screwdriver set that includes a torx head kit, all basic slotted and philipps, etc.

3) A Razor Blade and a large clear plastic bag ( if you are building your own ). Why? You won't really appreciate why until you build one for the first time. :cool:

That is about it really. You could add an AR Upper Vise clamp and an AR Lower Vise Clamp - but that isn't absolutely, 100% necessary. It just makes things easier....

Access to The Knowledge Base to see how to build your own AR Lower. :D

JD

KAG 09-18-2009 02:16 AM

aahhhhh yes....I see.

Well what would really send me over the top would be if someone here would be willing to share the G-Code or other file types compatible with SolidWorks. I have access to an array of CNC lathes, mills, punches, plasma torches, etc... and while I do I would like to take advantage of it.

Dillinger 09-18-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAG (Post 161438)
aahhhhh yes....I see.

Well what would really send me over the top would be if someone here would be willing to share the G-Code or other file types compatible with SolidWorks. I have access to an array of CNC lathes, mills, punches, plasma torches, etc... and while I do I would like to take advantage of it.

You might want to be careful with statements like that. This website gets a TON of visitor and lurking traffic every single day.

You would not want our good friends in Washington to think that you were going to be producing your own weapons without a license and open yourself up to THAT kind of inquiry.

While technically legal to produce a modern firearm for your own, personal, never to be sold, use - the SUR is NOT the one I would choose to temp my Fate.

JD

KAG 09-18-2009 03:50 AM

MY poor self...yea I got the jist about steping lightly, but I am applying for my 07-FFL, so hopefully it wont be held against me.

I actually did a really good job making my self UNclear. I really would like the G-Code for the TOOLS. :D

I just thought someone out there decided to make his own out of spite, becasue some of these tools are awefully expensive.

Thanks for the concern JD! :D

NitroxAZ 09-18-2009 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 161419)
1) - An AR WRench

2) - A Screwdriver set that includes a torx head kit, all basic slotted and philipps, etc.

3) A Razor Blade and a large clear plastic bag ( if you are building your own ). Why? You won't really appreciate why until you build one for the first time. :cool:

That is about it really. You could add an AR Upper Vise clamp and an AR Lower Vise Clamp - but that isn't absolutely, 100% necessary. It just makes things easier....

Access to The Knowledge Base to see how to build your own AR Lower. :D

JD

+1 on the clear plastic bag. I would tell you why but it is a rite of passage from what I was told. Damn you JD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canebrake 09-18-2009 04:26 AM

5 Attachment(s)
You NEED this!

Attachment 6129

JP Rifles

And this:

Attachment 6130

Dillon Precision: Dewey Lug Recess Cleaning Kit

This:

Attachment 6131

AR-15 Gun Maintenance Center with Lip Edge

This:

Attachment 6132

Bore Tech Patch Hog Gun Cleaning Trap

And a pin pusher:

Attachment 6133

Authentic .223 Key Chain

Dillinger 09-18-2009 03:10 PM

You don't need a bore guide for a factory barrel, sidewinder. Not everyone has the money to throw around on custom components like you do.

You also don't need a bunch of over-priced parts from a custom company for cleaning a basic, SHTF, home built AR.

JD

Dillinger 09-18-2009 08:35 PM

Off Topic posts were moved: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-disagree-you-thread-5340/

KAG 09-19-2009 01:36 PM

HAHA, I got kind of worried there for a second. I know a rifle should be clean but...

I was just wanting to know what tools people couldnt do without i guess. What about tools like pivot pin intall tool, handgaurd tool, front sight tool, buttstock tool, etc...