Tinkering with your AR's Timing- Simple Buffer and Springs Swaps. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Tinkering with your AR's Timing- Simple Buffer and Springs Swaps.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Yeah like there stuff...seems like it would boil down to the Surefire MB556K $149, Battle Comp 1.0 $139, and Battle Comp 2.0 $159 as of current reading

Old 03-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonlarue1013 View Post
Yeah like there stuff...seems like it would boil down to the Surefire MB556K $149, Battle Comp 1.0 $139, and Battle Comp 2.0 $159 as of current reading
I would really like to try the MB556K. Word is it's loud as hell though. It really doesn't bother me but it might the old timers at the range. All of a sudden it seems even more attractive.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #13

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
I would really like to try the MB556K. Word is it's loud as hell though. It really doesn't bother me but it might the old timers at the range. All of a sudden it seems even more attractive.
lol.

Btw my friend with the FSC TTO, ran out and bought the Surefire after shooting a mag through it. The Battlecomp seems like its a real good compromise between flash, recoil, sound, and muzzle compensation, I've yet to try it out tho.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki

lol.

Btw my friend with the FSC TTO, ran out and bought the Surefire after shooting a mag through it. The Battlecomp seems like its a real good compromise between flash, recoil, sound, and muzzle compensation, I've yet to try it out tho.
You should try it. I'm going to try and get a hold of a Surefire for tomorrow.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Has any body think of a bolt weight Dave Tubbs makes a bolt weight we built our own turned out a carrier end put tungsten carbide 1/2 in drill blank in it know it shoots with less recoil longer lock time and cycles all loads almost like between 22mag and 22hornet on recoil real fast follow up shots great for rapid fire during match Dave Tubbs version is around 55.00 also check out Creedmore sports also give it a try you will be shocked

Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #16

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Another nice write up AT! BCG/buffer mass is a question for many of us and trial and error is the best answer. Maybe we should all list combos that work well for us so I'll start:

Daniel Defense 16" LW midlength with A2 flash hider, DD M16 BCG and BCM H buffer/spring. No shortstroking with Wolf.
ArmaLite 16" HBar midlength with A2 flash hider, ArmaLite AR-15 BCG and BCM H2 buffer/spring. No shortstroking with Wolf.

Since the ArmaLite has the AR-15 carrier that weighs about 0.5 oz less than the M16/FA, I jumped on the H2 buffer over the H as a test and it seems to be the sweet spot. I've tried the H2 in the DD and do shortstroke occasionally with Wolf so it's too much weight. I suspect the Spikes ST-T2 would function since its weight is between the H and H2 but haven't bothered.

Again, neither of mine have a comp, just the standard flash hider, I'm one of those old timers at the range, MJ mentioned.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #17

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Good Idea Q,

I would like to say tho that this should only be taken with a grain of salt, as there could be differences between individual ARs of the the same make and model.

Unfortunately I don't really use Wolf so I don't test haven't tested it out. PMC .223 bronze is the lowest powered stuff that I use. Most Russian ammo is banned from the ranges I frequent so, I don't really buy what I can't use T_T

Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Another nice write up AT! BCG/buffer mass is a question for many of us and trial and error is the best answer. Maybe we should all list combos that work well for us so I'll start:

Daniel Defense 16" LW midlength with A2 flash hider, DD M16 BCG and BCM H buffer/spring. No shortstroking with Wolf.
ArmaLite 16" HBar midlength with A2 flash hider, ArmaLite AR-15 BCG and BCM H2 buffer/spring. No shortstroking with Wolf.

Since the ArmaLite has the AR-15 carrier that weighs about 0.5 oz less than the M16/FA, I jumped on the H2 buffer over the H as a test and it seems to be the sweet spot. I've tried the H2 in the DD and do shortstroke occasionally with Wolf so it's too much weight. I suspect the Spikes ST-T2 would function since its weight is between the H and H2 but haven't bothered.

Again, neither of mine have a comp, just the standard flash hider, I'm one of those old timers at the range, MJ mentioned.
BS. Old timer my ass. You seem more progressive and open minded then a lot of the kids in my classes. Nice to see you around btw.

-John Ruskin

Quote:
fsted2a Likes This 
Old 03-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #19

Liked 1027 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
BS. Old timer my ass. You seem more progressive and open minded then a lot of the kids in my classes. Nice to see you around btw.
Thanks, I think, but don't ever call me a liberal!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Thanks, I think, but don't ever call me a liberal!
There's enough of those as is. You'd be surprised just how closed minded those young liberals can be regardless of how open minded they claim to be.

-John Ruskin

Quote: