Thoughts on this lower? (My first build) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Thoughts on this lower? (My first build)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki

In the good ole PRK (Peoples Republic of Kommiefornia)

For Centerfires:

If you have a magazine lock or bullet button, you can use pistol grips (fore and aft) any muzzle device you want. You cannot use preban standard capacity magazines in this configuration.

If you go featureless, you can use a standard magazine release, can use preban standard cap magazines BUT you cannot have any pistol grips, no flash hiders, and no collapseable stocks.

Either way, you must have a barrel with a oal of 16" and a rifle with oal of 30".

There are different rules for rimfires like .22lr.
So as long as I have a bullet button I can have a pistol grip, adjustable stock, fore grip AND a flash hider??????

Old 06-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #12

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki

In the good ole PRK (Peoples Republic of Kommiefornia)

For Centerfires:

If you have a magazine lock or bullet button, you can use pistol grips (fore and aft) any muzzle device you want. You cannot use preban standard capacity magazines in this configuration.

If you go featureless, you can use a standard magazine release, can use preban standard cap magazines BUT you cannot have any pistol grips, no flash hiders, and no collapseable stocks.

Either way, you must have a barrel with a oal of 16" and a rifle with oal of 30".

There are different rules for rimfires like .22lr.
Those bullet buttons must be magic! The stupidity of politicians is amazing! We've got one here in Colorado that thinks magazines come loaded and once you use it you throw it away. I feel sorry for you guys in Cali! At least things here aren't that bad...yet.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #13

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome View Post
So as long as I have a bullet button I can have a pistol grip, adjustable stock, fore grip AND a flash hider??????
In a word YES. Small price to pay imo...those featureless guns are pure abominations. BUT with the law as it is today, you can only use 10 round magazines with rifles equipped with bullet buttons.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 06-26-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #14

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky17 View Post
Those bullet buttons must be magic! The stupidity of politicians is amazing! We've got one here in Colorado that thinks magazines come loaded and once you use it you throw it away. I feel sorry for you guys in Cali! At least things here aren't that bad...yet.
Man if that's the case, I might have thrown away $10 million in magazines in my lifetime....... **shudder**

Yes, in response to the Magical bullet button, the law calls for semi automatics to have fixed magazines. Before bullet buttons were invented, People had to do some weird stuff.

I heard, someone, waaaay back when, made a 5 round internal magazines by hollowing out the magwell in your AR. The bottom of the magwell wouldn't be removed so it created an internal fixed magazine. To reload you had to pull the takedown pin, and open up your AR and feed in the rounds from the top.

Then people just inserted a magazine and made it fixed (non removeable) but modifying the magazine release to not release at all. I think at this point someone figured out that if you used a tool to remove the magazine it was still considered a fixed magazine because a tool was needed. Then someone had the bright idea to make the magazine release require a tool to facilitate removing the magazine, and that is how the bullet button was born.

Fasincating stuff........honestly most of this is conjecture but I just kinda pieced it together from some of the stuff that I saw when the 2000 ban went into place in Cali....... I kinda like the bullet button, with the proper equipment and pratice, I can do a mag change maybe 1 second slower than with a standard magazine release. Good Times.