Thoughts on DPMS? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Thoughts on DPMS?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

I think BCM prices are on target though I wish they were free so I could have 100's of their rifles.

I was pointing out the inflated prices that companies like DPMS charge as compared to quality ARs.

I'm working on my people skills I'm trying to be subtle yet not lie or mislead someone requesting advise. My blunt honesty seems to rub some people the wrong way so sad.
I think sometimes you have to be honest with people.
Like when you have someone telling people that a DPMS is as good as a any other AR out there. Yet the same person will buy a more expensive BCG for his wife's weapon. He knows damn well the quality of that part and is willing to spend a little more for it.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #102

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Well i guess if all of them use the same parts from the same supplier then we should all sign a petition to the government to ditch their Colts and send our boys overseas with DPMS rifles, wait better yet, lets save even more money and send them Olympic Arms rifles. Do you mind if i put in a recommendation that your wife will be the one to assemble the bcg's? Hell we could put all the money we saved back into the economy!

Fact of the matter is you have been knocking on everyone saying they have no physical evidence but yet i've not seen one single piece of physical evidence backing your arguement either *waiting*

Look we get it, you like to buy cheap ar's as you've been lucky so far but it is irresponsible to say the cheap ar's are "the exact same" or "just as good as" a more expensive, higher grade ar. Seriously take the time to look up filthy14, it's a BCM rifle that has gone through 31,000+ rounds with minimal cleaning and an extractor replacement. I'd love to see a newer DPMS do that.. No one is knocking you for buying what you have so why get all defensive about it to the point where your spouting off a bunch of shoddy information?

I know MJ and Quentin enough to know that they are not trying to convince folks that they have to buy what they buy or it's junk. They merely advise based on personal experience or research on what is not up to par and what is and allow the OP to make his/her decision based on their own belief/research. If the OP purchases that which they advised against, they don't flame him/her, they don't tell him/her it's junk, they merely say nice pick-up and enjoy. Their are here to help the novices not spout off a bunch of "mall ninja" garbage as you like to think.

Now i'm sure you'll respond with some long drawn out rant trying to pick me apart. Don't bother because i will not waste my time reading it as you have been dis-proven time after time already, but are so bullheaded you refuse to recognize it.

Bottom line is folks, buy what you like as no one can tell you what to buy, but don't be so naive and tell someone they are wasting their money on a 1000.00 BCM when they could buy a DPMS for 700.00 and it's gonna be the "same exact rifle" or "just as good as". That right there is spreading, as you would say, "bullsh** across the internet".

Have fun and agree to disagree. Let's end the arguement and be friends

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Last edited by ZombieKiller83; 02-09-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #103

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978 View Post
Why would you buy a BCM BCG at what $140+ shipping? You could have got one from a unknown manufacturer for what $80-90? Why spend $60 more? They are all the same right?
Quote:
Like when you have someone telling people that a DPMS is as good as a any other AR out there. Yet the same person will buy a more expensive BCG for his wife's weapon.
Actually, the DPMS Bolt Carrier Group I wanted was $33.00 more, and was out of stock. So I went with the BCM. It was cheaper, and they had it in stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/128168/dpms-bolt-carrier-assembly-commercial-ar-15-223-remington-diamond-coat

Last edited by billt; 02-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieKiller83 View Post
Seriously take the time to look up filthy14, it's a BCM rifle that has gone through 31,000+ rounds with minimal cleaning and an extractor replacement. I'd love to see a newer DPMS do that.
The real question I would have to ask is why would they? Running a weapon like that makes no more sense than driving your new truck 100,000 miles without changing your oil. Then bragging how it didn't break down. Would it make your truck be any better? And don't forget Pat Rogers is a paid spokesperson for BCM. They produce a gun with his "company logo" on it. That whole 30,000 round thing was a paid advertising campaign. They even included a copy of the article from "SWAT Magazine" stuffed inside the box with my Bolt Carrier Group and charging handle when I bought it. They're in business to sell rifles. Just like they included a bottle of "New & Improved Tide" with our new washing machine.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

Actually, the DPMS Bolt Carrier Group I wanted was $33.00 more, and was out of stock. So I went with the BCM. It was cheaper, and they had it in stock.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/128168/dpms-bolt-carrier-assembly-commercial-ar-15-223-remington-diamond-coat
That's awesome that you got a better quality part for $30 bucks less. But why did you want to go with a DPMS BCG? There are cheaper options out there like I said I have seen some as low as $80-90. Hey they are all the same right? According to the way you look at it you just wasted $60 on a name brand.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #106

Quote:
That's awesome that you got a better quality part for $30 bucks less.
Why do you think it's a "better quality part"?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

Why do you think it's a "better quality part"?
Why are you willing to pay $60 more for it?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #108

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
The real question I would have to ask is why would they? Running a weapon like that makes no more sense than driving your new truck 100,000 miles without changing your oil. Then bragging how it didn't break down. Would it make your truck be any better? And don't forget Pat Rogers is a paid spokesperson for BCM. They produce a gun with his "company logo" on it. That whole 30,000 round thing was a paid advertising campaign. They even included a copy of the article from "SWAT Magazine" stuffed inside the box with my Bolt Carrier Group and charging handle when I bought it. They're in business to sell rifles. Just like they included a bottle of "New & Improved Tide" with our new washing machine.
Hahaha you're such a hypocrite bud. You guys might as well quit arguing with this guy, he is the end-all-be-all of ar knowledge. I'm done wasting my time

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 02-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #109

Quote:
Why are you willing to pay $60 more for it?
I didn't. I told you, I bought the cheaper BCM.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #110

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Honestly suprised this thread is still alive..... >.<

Closed Thread