Thoughts on CMMG AR's? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Thoughts on CMMG AR's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
misread it.......

>.<

but yeah, drinking and ordering parts online is a recipe for disaster, please dont ask me how I know......
Oh!! You meant DRINKING. I meant drinking.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

If you have 1,200, I wouldn't bother with the CMMG. For that, you can get a very nice set up from http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/
I built my lower, as they are very simple to do, but you can order the upper from BCM, as well as a completed lower, snap them together and you're in business.
Agent Tikki has a sticky at the top of this section of the forum, and is definitely a must read for anyone looking to build their first. He, mjkeat, Quentin and Dog will be along shortly to chime in, but I'd build my own lower, and order a completed upper from BCM, as well as a good BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) and charging handle.
Finishing my first build, and those guys advice was crucial to me saving money and getting what I wanted.
I did mine for about 900, including shipping and handling.
BCM outsources all of their parts, Cmmg makes all of theirs. I have BCMs uppers as well as CMMG and ill take CMMG over BCM any day. Mine is more accurate less play with spikes lower and much better finish on the barrel

Old 08-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5686 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberteast View Post
BCM outsources all of their parts, Cmmg makes all of theirs. I have BCMs uppers as well as CMMG and ill take CMMG over BCM any day. Mine is more accurate less play with spikes lower and much better finish on the barrel
just a fyi. your responding to a post that is a little over a year old. the person your responding to may not be looking at this thread anymore.

and just a fyi on ccmg. they dont tell ya what goes into the parts or the BCG or the stats on the metal used. bcm does that its listed on every single product with their name on it on the webpage.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #24

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
Actually a better comparison is BCM acquires quality parts from various trusted sources while Daniel Defense actually makes most of their parts. Yes they go about it differently but the final products are among the best you can buy. CMMG is all right but not in the same league and I doubt they make all their parts.

BTW, you shouldn't have any trouble finding folks willing to trade CMMG (and similar quality) for BCM!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Actually a better comparison is BCM acquires quality parts from various trusted sources while Daniel Defense actually makes most of their parts. Yes they go about it differently but the final products are among the best you can buy. CMMG is all right but not in the same league and I doubt they make all their parts.

BTW, you shouldn't have any trouble finding folks willing to trade CMMG (and similar quality) for BCM!
You people are BCM fan boys. BCM company assembles rifles, they probably buy from CMMG at times. I talk from experience, military and civilian. I own both uppers and in my opinion CMMG is a better bang for the buck.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #26

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Nothing at all wrong with CMMG.
Some of them even offer CHF barrels depending on the model.

If your LGS asks 1200 for it , it should be that model (which was 1100 last year)

Or if u are getting a entry level for 900 use the rest of your budget for a nice optics OR extra Ammo

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 08-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #27

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thay have good stuff. I built my first ar on a cmmg lower and it runs like a champ. Will eat any thing i throw at it.

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

bluez Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #28

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Quote:
You people are BCM fan boys. BCM company assembles rifles, they probably buy from CMMG at times. I talk from experience, military and civilian. I own both uppers and in my opinion CMMG is a better bang for the buck.
There're good reasons to be a BCM "fanboy". I won't bother to repeat them here.

However if you want to compare bang for the buck then you have to choose PSA over CMMG!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry to all the BCM guys, I just wanted to give my humble unbiased opinion.