Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Thoughts on CMMG?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

When something seems to be this good a deal, there is always a catch... with no gaurantee or return policy in place i would save my allowance for another month and buy something else.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 AM   #12

Default Redwine

RWK:

POINT well taken......I'm satisfied for NOW. These were my first AR's, kind of went overboard but what the heck. I wanted to build one before I hopped on this forum and now I feel like I"m obligated to in order to preserve my manhood. I think I 'll do it slowly peice by piece now that the pressure is off to obtain one.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #13

Default Bargain Bin

I live in Columbia where they have these rifles on display. They look great and I got the same info you posted. This is my first gun and I too need a lot of help. For a couple hundered dollars more you get a complete CMMG gun with a lifetime warranty. That's an easy decision for me since I don't have any experience I want the warranty!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
Anyone have input on their ARs? I found a site that has a "bargain bin" special for them... They say lowers are a mix of CMMG, DPMS, and Doublestar. Complete setup for $570 and $15 shipping.

I've seen a bunch of people order them from another site I'm on and have been very pleased... This is my first AR and I'm really not sure what I'm going for.

Every review I've read for CMMG has been really good.

Just thinking that for under $600 shipped, I get a complete AR.

Anyone?
I have only ever heard good things about CMMG, I would believe them as I would never believe they would steer you wrong, Good People. However, I have a hard time getting past the "no warranty" & "the no return"

Old 08-25-2010, 02:08 AM   #15

Default to billdesserthills

I got mine from their storefront in Columbia, Mo...BLACK RIFLE LLC. These have all new parts and a cmmg barrel even though they are not stamped. TO DATE: I have ran about 700 rounds through my midlength with no issues except when I had a blown primer...so the function has been excellent(NO STEEL CASED AMMO THOUGH). ACCURACY has been excellent with 1"-2" groups at 100 and 2"-4" at 200 and I'm able to keep them easily on a paper plate at 300yds. The gun shoots better than I do. I dont know about the "parts gun" aspect of this discussion but my receivers dont have any slop and I dont suspect that all of these AR manufacturers are fitting each individual part to their rifles, I could be wrong. These were built from new parts and have been headspaced and test fired which is exactly the same thing you would do when building a rifle from "parts" The only flaw is that the blueing on the lower and upper do not match but this is a slight imperfection only and I didnt recognize it until it was pointed out. IMHO this is CMMG's way of unloading excess inventory with minimal profit margins to maintain cash flow and to keep people working. I trust their ability to piece and part together a gun the same way I am doing with the same WARRANTY. People on this forum seem to not have a problem with their own builds functionality and warranty. If AR's from parts had to be gunsmithed or specially fitted you would see a whole lot less people on here "parting" their guns together. With the exception of a barrel failure or either receiver cracking, warranty fixes are negligible when it comes to the price....I wouldnt let the warranty become an issue in this decision. ALSO: I would get the chrome lined barrel for an additional $50......the cheaper models are WASP treated, for what its worth.

Last edited by 556plinker; 08-25-2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: additional comment

Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 AM   #16

a buddy of mine, lives in glasgow, he bought one, they not far from him..

he LOVES it. its shoots very good. only a thousand rounds through it so far, but nary a problem.

he says he's gonna clean it some day...[] but its still chugging along..

cain't beat that !

peabody.

p.s. i have a bushy m4, its a great little rifle, its my truck gun.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:30 AM   #17

p.s.

parts guns... i have two others that are ''mutts'' a dissy n' a service rifle...

they work great. eazy to cobble together, and they are very accurate.

i guess im trying to say, a parts gun is , ? to me' every bit as good as a factory new.

maybe better, i built them myself. kinda proud of myself, if only my old DI could see me now !!! lol.

peabody

Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 AM   #18

ok..... lol.........''after thought post'' ha.

dids ya know ? a friend putt together a AR rifle, parts mutt.

plum crazy lower 139 dollars , [comes with m4 stock]

dsa upper , carbine ... 235 dollars,

Bolt carrier group 110 bucks.

so for a little more than 500 bucks, hes loving his rifle.

not bad ? no ?

peabody

you could do even better, if ya had a few extra parts lying around,

Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 AM   #19

Default hey pbody

Its my contention that all AR's are parts guns with the cmmg bargain bin being one of them...the only fitting these mfg's are probably doing is matching lowers and uppers, if that. Guys want to bash the bargain bin but its really no different than someone doing their own build or more appropriately put " THEIR OWN ASSEMBLY". Where in the HECK IS THRUSH, MO.....I'm actually in mexico, mo.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
Its my contention that all AR's are parts guns with the cmmg bargain bin being one of them...the only fitting these mfg's are probably doing is matching lowers and uppers, if that. Guys want to bash the bargain bin but its really no different than someone doing their own build or more appropriately put " THEIR OWN ASSEMBLY". Where in the HECK IS THRUSH, MO.....I'm actually in mexico, mo.

i totaly agree, a parts build is, just that a parts build.

no matter who builds it.

thrush, mo. ... used to be on the map..

but its alotta the time underwater.

think truman lake.

most days the old genral store is in my backyard.