Thank you for the assistance with the Bushmaster

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Thank you for the assistance with the Bushmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Thank you for the assistance with the Bushmaster

I posted a week or so ago about my buddy's bushmaster that was bursting amd the advice I got helped a great deal I had originally decided I didn't want to mess with it but I don't like to walk away from a problem so I tore it apart and I have to tell you that I'm a little embarressed at my initial aprehension.

I've got an AK and can tear that apart blindfolded. I did it once just to see. The AR trigger is a little more complex but I'm fairly skillled and tore it down, polished it up and replaced the Disconnector Spring (it looked worn along one side) and it seems to have done the trick. We cannot seem to make the malfunction repeat itself no matter how we abuse it so I'm calling it fixed.

The only trouble is that now I've had to move the AR-15 build off the "would be nice" list and on to the ""must have" list.

Oh well, Tanner is in Denver a week from today and I had intended to drop some cash on a 1911. Might have to see what I can see.

Thanks again.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Erik, are you a Colorado resident? If so, there is a kickass shop up in the north Denver area the specializes in black rifles. I'm trying to remember the name of the shop, but it just isn't coming to me.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #3

Yup, I've been here for a litle over 13 years which practically maske me a native.

You're thinking of 5280 Armory maybe? I was in there the other day looking for a rail for my Mauser (another disaster of a project I inherited when my dad passed away last year) Lots of nice stuff there that does not require a second mortgage.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #4

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Uh oh, you caught our bug, Erik! Sorry 'bout that...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

5280 Armory might just be it. I know they advertise on GunBroker.