thank yall, now to my aspirations - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > thank yall, now to my aspirations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1105 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 1116

Excellent recent advice from RARGuns and others on lowers/LPKs. I'm hesitant to flat out say don't buy a stripped DPMS lower (and that's why I danced around the subject in my earlier post) but RARGuns really hit it on the head. I'd want my rifle to have a better rollmark even if I had to pay a little more. No matter how good their lowers are would you want a Vulcan or Hesse to build on? When you think about the small difference in cost of stripped lowers compared to the overall cost of the AR, why not drop a few more bucks on the rollmark.

I did that to get S&W and ArmaLite lowers - names I really wanted, they may not mean as much to someone else but did to me. The extra $20 for each was worth it and probably adds more than that to what my ARs are worth if I had to sell them (over DPMS or DoubleStar). Not saying they're bad - they're just fine - just the perceived value.

Some people want/don't want a spider, a zombie, a snake, a stag, etc. logo so look at all you can and get what you'll be proud of on YOUR RIFLE.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like my CMMG rollmark.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well I did it!!! I ordered an AGP lower about 5 minutes ago. After RARGUNS recomendation I checked them out and did some reading and I really got stuck on them. All I know is that I had a harder time making that call than I did when I got married. Just a hell of a lot more choices when it comes to guns. Thank you all for your info, and now Im going to go stand by the door and wait for the FedEx guy.

Kyle

Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #24

Thanks for the Spikes post. When AIM has them in stock for this price, I buy a half dozen or more. Best price on Spikes anywhere.

You will love that AGP lower. They do some of the best finishing around.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #25

Liked 1105 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 1116

Hey Kyle, looks like a good receiver. But the FedEx guy isn't bringing it to your front door, you did pick an FFL to ship to I hope?

Old 01-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #26

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, to be fair, he did say he would be standing by "the door" maybe he meant the one to the FFL dealer of choice.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yes I did have it shipped to my local FFL. Faxed in all the info when I placed the order, and I can see his shop from mine so im not getting much work done at the moment. He is trying to talk me in to buying a bushmaster he has that comes with a red dot for $750. He said it will be a better gun (for the money) than what I could build. I just told him no thanks and Ill be back to compare when Im finished

Old 01-10-2011, 06:58 PM   #28

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3481 Times on 1610 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Good for you. And for the money, who knows, maybe he is right.

But

Than you don't get to learn about the weapon, you don't get the satisfaction of knowing that YOU picked the parts and you definitely won't learn what to look at when you have a question or want to upgrade a part.

All of those things would be dependant on him, which is one of the keys to being a small gunshop.

JD

Old 01-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

well my bubble has been burst. I called AGP today and they said that they are several weeks behind, and that I will be looking at around 6 weeks to get my lower. Im thinking I am spoiled and I dont feel like waiting that long. Is Sun Devil a decent lower. I just found a few of these so Im just curious if any are a good deal or good idea for a better price if possible. Also, how important is it that upper and lower match.
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Receivers - Lowers | Rainier Arms Forged Upper / Lower Combo
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Receivers - Lowers | Sun Devil Lower Receiver - GEN 3
Rainier Arms, LLC™ | Browse | Receivers - Lowers | Noveske Lower Receiver - Factory Seconds

Old 01-11-2011, 02:21 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Those are good lower. They are towards the top of the range price wise though. Noveske would be the on I went with out of the three. Noveske brings a lot to the table but and will impress people but for $70 less you could get a Spikes lower from AIM.