thank yall, now to my aspirations - Page 18
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > thank yall, now to my aspirations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

He tried pedaling his crap on M4C.Net and was quickly ran off. He has some embarrassing videos on youtube as well. I'll try and find them. They also tried to make some ambi charging handle or something like that.

I read about his troubles. Lots of pissed of people.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #172
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I know I regret making the decision of going with him. At the time all this was going down I felt with what I had heard from everyone else that were having problems my best choice was to just try and get and get him to deliver. I knew I would not see any money since he told me he had to take up a full time job to try and pay people back. I saw that amazing "sidewinder" charging handle "the most important advancement in ARs since the 5.56." I think that is kind of a bold statement seeing how you can buy an AR receiver already equipped with side charge.

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 AM   #173

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think it turned out great. It is a shame the RAR didn't live up to his claims and drug it out for so long. And FWIW, I think you made the right call by holding out for your upper since, as you said, you would likely have never seen a refund.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #174
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I felt that was the best option at the time. Now I am a little unsure about some of the parts he used. For all I know he just threw a DPMS BCG in there (not to knock anyone and their DPMS) but I did expect to get what I paid for and I don't know if I did.

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #175

Liked 1000 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 1001

I'm glad you now have a functioning AR but sorry to hear what an ordeal it's been for you, Kwaynebb. A shame people like that are out there and get away with this crap. Maybe he had good intentions at first but he didn't live up to his lofty claims. You want to trust people and new businesses but it's a gamble.

If any consolation, we all have gone through things like this and the next time we do better. No doubt your next AR will go much more smoothly!

Thanks for the update and I am glad RAR did finally get you the upper, it sounded iffy for a long while!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #176
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
He tried pedaling his crap on M4C.Net and was quickly ran off. He has some embarrassing videos on youtube as well. I'll try and find them. They also tried to make some ambi charging handle or something like that.

I read about his troubles. Lots of pissed of people.

Speaking of his videos I was watching a review someone did over one of his rifles, and I would almost bet half my manhood and say that it is him doing the review posing as a customer. I have talked to the guy countless times so I know his voice very well. He has a very distinctive voice so you could pick him out of a crowd just by hearing him. He also makes countless praises to the quality of Anthony's(RAR Guns) rifles, and excuses Anthony several times by saying that he is filling all of these orders by himself. Sounds like someone should have turned away a few people and focused more on the quality of the orders he could fill. Just my two cents.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #177

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwaynebb View Post
Speaking of his videos I was watching a review someone did over one of his rifles, and I would almost bet half my manhood and say that it is him doing the review posing as a customer. I have talked to the guy countless times so I know his voice very well. He has a very distinctive voice so you could pick him out of a crowd just by hearing him. He also makes countless praises to the quality of Anthony's(RAR Guns) rifles, and excuses Anthony several times by saying that he is filling all of these orders by himself. Sounds like someone should have turned away a few people and focused more on the quality of the orders he could fill. Just my two cents.
From the multi page thread I read it wouldn't surprise me.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."