Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Texas courting Colt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Default Texas courting Colt

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-control-backfires-rick-perry-lure-blue-state-231345917.html

Looks like Connecticut may have legislated themselves out of some jobs.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

texaswoodworker Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 96

Perry is also meeting with Stag while he's up here.

Real dogs drool!

Old 06-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 526 Times on 319 Posts
Likes Given: 203

Ah this is great. I would love to have more manufactures in my home state. Question though, the manufacturers pulling out of the anti-gun states will probably just result in those states becoming more anti-gun, right?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 06-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2555 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Courting? I'll bet "pointy boots" is spreading Texas' legs wide. That would be a huge coup for us. Colt, Smith, Beretta, Sig, Stag, Windham, etc. Bring 'em all here!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #5

Liked 1920 Times on 1146 Posts
Likes Given: 411

Colt should have left CT long ago when the Colt AR-15 and sporter models were banned by name in that state.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #6

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Courting? I'll bet "pointy boots" is spreading Texas' legs wide. That would be a huge coup for us. Colt, Smith, Beretta, Sig, Stag, Windham, etc. Bring 'em all here!
Dont forget Mossberg, amd Marlin........Dont blame the whole stste though. Im sure there are alot of people that live in upstate NY. who are tired of NY CITY running the whole state. The way our elections are set up, i am wasting my time to stand in line and vote(but i always will) My County is over run with Dems, libtards, Obummer worshipers. So the electoral points always go their way. We should change that, so every vote counts......

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

HankStone Likes This 
Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #7

Liked 201 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Ah this is great. I would love to have more manufactures in my home state. Question though, the manufacturers pulling out of the anti-gun states will probably just result in those states becoming more anti-gun, right?
Depends on how loud the people who lost their jobs scream. If they just take it, then it will probably be more anti-gun.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #8

Liked 2308 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

gun manufacturers should leave states that pass legislation against them. this is just common sense. i feel bad for those who might lose jobs in this situation...but i suppose they could always make the move with the company if they really loved their job.

and i think the word is HYPOCRITICAL! i mean, that seems the right word when a state basically says "no..can't sell your product here, but its ok for you to make here, & ship it elsewhere...while we enjoy your jobs and tax dollars!"

they should all leave to states that support basic gun rights. i know these companies are trying hard to preserve their history...but sometimes when the door is hitting you in backside...its time to go.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Dont forget Mossberg, amd Marlin........Dont blame the whole stste though. Im sure there are alot of people that live in upstate NY. who are tired of NY CITY running the whole state. The way our elections are set up, i am wasting my time to stand in line and vote(but i always will) My County is over run with Dems, libtards, Obummer worshipers. So the electoral points always go their way. We should change that, so every vote counts......
AMEN! but realize, it is the same in any blue or red "locked" state. your vote doesn't count. swing states have decided our president ever since i have been alive.

no matter what your political beliefs, everyone should get a vote that counts.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
seems to me, some of these places have lost when it comes to gun rights.
its really up to the residents there if it important enough to fight for change, or move away. i do feel bad for gun owners in these states though...but every state has various policies that residents disagree with. no state is perfect, but some are much better for gun enthusiasts.