Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Texas courting Colt (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/texas-courting-colt-92410/)

fsted2a 06-17-2013 01:18 AM

Texas courting Colt
 
http://news.yahoo.com/gun-control-backfires-rick-perry-lure-blue-state-231345917.html

Looks like Connecticut may have legislated themselves out of some jobs.

emo 06-17-2013 01:23 AM

Perry is also meeting with Stag while he's up here.

fa35jsf 06-17-2013 01:26 AM

Ah this is great. I would love to have more manufactures in my home state. Question though, the manufacturers pulling out of the anti-gun states will probably just result in those states becoming more anti-gun, right?

robocop10mm 06-17-2013 01:26 AM

Courting? I'll bet "pointy boots" is spreading Texas' legs wide. That would be a huge coup for us. Colt, Smith, Beretta, Sig, Stag, Windham, etc. Bring 'em all here!

SSGN_Doc 06-17-2013 01:30 AM

Colt should have left CT long ago when the Colt AR-15 and sporter models were banned by name in that state.

readygirl 06-17-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 1278434)
Courting? I'll bet "pointy boots" is spreading Texas' legs wide. That would be a huge coup for us. Colt, Smith, Beretta, Sig, Stag, Windham, etc. Bring 'em all here!

Dont forget Mossberg, amd Marlin........Dont blame the whole stste though. Im sure there are alot of people that live in upstate NY. who are tired of NY CITY running the whole state. The way our elections are set up, i am wasting my time to stand in line and vote(but i always will) My County is over run with Dems, libtards, Obummer worshipers. So the electoral points always go their way. We should change that, so every vote counts......

fsted2a 06-17-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf (Post 1278432)
Ah this is great. I would love to have more manufactures in my home state. Question though, the manufacturers pulling out of the anti-gun states will probably just result in those states becoming more anti-gun, right?

Depends on how loud the people who lost their jobs scream. If they just take it, then it will probably be more anti-gun.

hawkguy 06-18-2013 09:49 PM

gun manufacturers should leave states that pass legislation against them. this is just common sense. i feel bad for those who might lose jobs in this situation...but i suppose they could always make the move with the company if they really loved their job.

and i think the word is HYPOCRITICAL! i mean, that seems the right word when a state basically says "no..can't sell your product here, but its ok for you to make here, & ship it elsewhere...while we enjoy your jobs and tax dollars!"

they should all leave to states that support basic gun rights. i know these companies are trying hard to preserve their history...but sometimes when the door is hitting you in backside...its time to go.

hawkguy 06-18-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl (Post 1278469)
Dont forget Mossberg, amd Marlin........Dont blame the whole stste though. Im sure there are alot of people that live in upstate NY. who are tired of NY CITY running the whole state. The way our elections are set up, i am wasting my time to stand in line and vote(but i always will) My County is over run with Dems, libtards, Obummer worshipers. So the electoral points always go their way. We should change that, so every vote counts......

AMEN! but realize, it is the same in any blue or red "locked" state. your vote doesn't count. swing states have decided our president ever since i have been alive.

no matter what your political beliefs, everyone should get a vote that counts.

hawkguy 06-18-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fa35jsf (Post 1278432)
Ah this is great. I would love to have more manufactures in my home state. Question though, the manufacturers pulling out of the anti-gun states will probably just result in those states becoming more anti-gun, right?

seems to me, some of these places have lost when it comes to gun rights.
its really up to the residents there if it important enough to fight for change, or move away. i do feel bad for gun owners in these states though...but every state has various policies that residents disagree with. no state is perfect, but some are much better for gun enthusiasts.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.