Tannerite!!!!!!! OHHH YEA! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Tannerite!!!!!!! OHHH YEA!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBizz87
Like I said stupid kid lol but it was fun once upon a time and it was our old mailbox we were throwing away no federal law breaking here
:cough cough: I may have seen some OTHER kids :cough cough: doing a bit of federal law breaking once upon a time.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 01-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #62

Liked 302 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Tannerite is a lot of fun. We used some in some Skoal cans. That was a challenge to hit with a Mosin Nagant...

No need to regulate the product, just use common sense, if you want to blow up a car, do it so you don't damage your neighbor's property. We already have warnings on cig lighters and fire crackers saying they are flammable... Has that stopped arson?

Old 01-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
...Want to keep tannerite, everyone use it responsibly. If a few idiots blow cars to a million pieces, it will be taken away from everyone. That is how it works.
I guess I'm out of touch, so what's the deal with this stuff? I assume it's legal since I've seen one pound containers of it sold at some GS. As anything else, if used irresponsibly, it will lead to problems. In the meantime, have a blast - sorry

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #64

Liked 82 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahamp2003 View Post
How did it start a fire? There's no flame. It's basically air pressure that creates the explosion. Did he put gas with it? That doesn't make sense. I've set off tons of that stuff in grass and the woods and no fire ever.

Agreed, that doesn't sound right. We have also been using it in the woods for 3 or 4 years now and never experienced any type of flame whatsoever. In any case, that sucks!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 232 Times on 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
In that case, easy fun in your yard with the kids:

While wearing gloves, fill the bottom of an off brand 2 liter soda bottle up with about 2 inches of "the works" toilet bowl cleaner.

Loosely roll up about 6 6"x12" sheets of aluminum foil so that you can quickly shove them through the mouth of the bottle.

Cap off tightly and immediately chunk it in a safe direction. In about 2 minutes it'll blow up. No fire, but a loud enough boom to make your ears ring and bring your neighbors out on their front porch. The mess it makes isn't much either. The bottle melts together into one piece after the explosion, so all that's left to clean up are the pieces of foil in the yard.

Don't breathe in the smoke.

Eyepro is probably a good idea.

Wear gloves to clean up the mess.

Don't use the rocket shaped brand named soda bottles, the lid usually gives out before the bottle explodes and ruins the fun.
Dry ice works at least as well, and has no potential for toxic waste. It is however a bit more unpredictable as to when it will blow up the bottle. We used to throw it in the dumpsters at apartments in Vegas when I was a kid. When it's 110 in the shade, it blows up really quickly in a dark green box that is setting in the full sun.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:52 AM   #66

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Tannerite is loads of fun. We used a few on my friends property a few months ago.

In fact, we set his wife up with a 22-250 at about 200 yards and her shoot at it. When she hit it and it went "boom" she was hooked. Now she loves to go shooting.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:45 AM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
Dry ice works at least as well, and has no potential for toxic waste. It is however a bit more unpredictable as to when it will blow up the bottle. We used to throw it in the dumpsters at apartments in Vegas when I was a kid. When it's 110 in the shade, it blows up really quickly in a dark green box that is setting in the full sun.
Yeah but it takes more costs more and your hands eventually freeze to the insides of your gloves. :BRR: doesn't seem as loud either. That could just be my imagination though.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Old 01-05-2014, 03:14 PM   #68

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

Kinda like gun control laws? Yeah that's gonna stop idiots from blowing things up.

Ever heard of oxygen acetalyne bombs? Aluminum chlorine bombs? Shooting at a propane tank that has a road flare next to it? Tannerite's a whole lot safer than any of those 3 options, all of which my friends were using before I showed them tannerite.
When I was young my brother and his friends used chlorine and ? Brake fluid I think

Old 01-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #69

Liked 2188 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Growing up without video games meant finding ...louder... ways to entertain ourselves.
Well one of the Master Chiefs I worked with had what he called the "Lego theory" relating to some of the clueless kids that became adults. He would say " I bet that moron never had Legos as a kid or he would have choked and done the world a favor."

Guess it could apply to the old chemistry sets as well.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #70

Liked 253 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 216

^^^^__ +1 on legos! I think ill be buying kits for Christmas donations next year! My way of improving the mean intelligence of the breed.

Seriously tannerite is one of the safest exploding targets made. But the key word is "exploding". No problem with the product. Just some of the idiots you see use it should have been cut off at the nerf football stage as children.

Legislate it? No sir just hope it clears some of the shallow end of the gene pool...

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 01-05-2014 at 06:15 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This