tactical tupperware?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > tactical tupperware??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1024 Times on 614 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Pmags are all that ive used now for about 5 years, and ive been nothing but happy with them.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #22

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

My rifle came with a polymer mag if your one of those guys counting that as plastic, it works just fine but i use my steels just as much

Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 AM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I really feel that way. I used to carry an A2 and often had to hit the ground in a hurry. I was always cautious of not letting my GI mags hit the ground while doing this because I did not trust the light gauge metal. Don't see how I could be comfortable with plastic?

I'm sure plastic mags are ok for range use but when things get ugly, guns get dropped, or fallen upon, used as clubs, ect...

I like metal mags because they never failed me under harsh conditions. They're proven.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My .02 cents

Tack
Guys really don't 3-5 sec rush anymore. Not once did I see a single person 3-5 in any of the times we took contact. In my experience it's nothing more than a training exercise.

Stock GI mags get bypassed as they are not as reliable as PMags. There's a reason manufacturers have started selling GI mags w/ Magpul followers. I use PMags as do many deployed soldiers of all levels. They even have an NSN #.

I understand sticking w/ what you know but you are missing out on the most reliable magazine on the market.

Polymer is flexible and more durable then the aluminum.

If it ain't broke improve on it

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 03-22-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #24

PMags are nice. I used them for a while and was very satisfied. I could get rounds to pop out when dropped, but only when dropped from 4-5 feet onto a hard surface like tile or concrete.

I have since found a mag that I like better. It's produced by Lancer, and called the L5 Advanced Warfighter Magazine. It's a polymer mag with a single piece molded in steel feedlip. Even with the steel feedlip, they are still lighter than a lot of other options, PMag included. The Lancer weighs 4.4 oz unloaded with the PMag coming in at 4.8 oz. It has an anti-tilt follower that is near impossible to get to bind, even when trying, and is very simple to take apart for cleaning.

They can be had in your typical colors, as well as some translucent models that allow you to see how many rounds you have in the mag.

I would encourage everyone to try one. They're great mags and can be had for around $13 from Brownells.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #25

Liked 1082 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 1095

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Magpul PMags or GI mags w/ Magpul followers.
Same here... I have about 15 PMAGs and 25 or more GIs. The best 15 or so GIs have been upgraded with Gen 2 and Gen 3 Magpul followers. My only complaint with the PMAGs is they are slightly larger than GIs but they work great.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:23 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I really feel that way. I used to carry an A2 and often had to hit the ground in a hurry. I was always cautious of not letting my GI mags hit the ground while doing this because I did not trust the light gauge metal. Don't see how I could be comfortable with plastic?

I'm sure plastic mags are ok for range use but when things get ugly, guns get dropped, or fallen upon, used as clubs, ect...

I like metal mags because they never failed me under harsh conditions. They're proven.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My .02 cents

Tack
Like some said earlier on this thread type "pmag" in a YouTube search. That was enough for me.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
jg3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck4Glocks

Like some said earlier on this thread type "pmag" in a YouTube search. That was enough for me.
Not sure that's a valid argument, it's not like people are video taping their pmags performing flawlessly, you only get the negative. I bet the good videos would out number the bad videos 1000-1 if people recorded every perfectly running pmag. The "you tube" argument is a little bias...IMHO

Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #28

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I have 301 Pmags right now and its all i use now. So far ive ran over 10,000 rounds through them in 3 different AR, and 2 of my cousins have also ran a few thousand rounds through them. I personally like them better then GI mags. Just because some idiot happens to have a screw up and puts it on youtube dose that mean its the mags fualt or operator error? Also do you guys saying polymer shouldnt be on plastic carry a polymer handgun? They take alot more force with no problems then a mag dose. So wheres the issue with having a polymer mag when a Glock or Springfield can take more abuse?

Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #29

Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7
PMags are nice. I used them for a while and was very satisfied. I could get rounds to pop out when dropped, but only when dropped from 4-5 feet onto a hard surface like tile or concrete.

I have since found a mag that I like better. It's produced by Lancer, and called the L5 Advanced Warfighter Magazine. It's a polymer mag with a single piece molded in steel feedlip. Even with the steel feedlip, they are still lighter than a lot of other options, PMag included. The Lancer weighs 4.4 oz unloaded with the PMag coming in at 4.8 oz. It has an anti-tilt follower that is near impossible to get to bind, even when trying, and is very simple to take apart for cleaning.

They can be had in your typical colors, as well as some translucent models that allow you to see how many rounds you have in the mag.

I would encourage everyone to try one. They're great mags and can be had for around $13 from Brownells.

-Fred
I agree. Lancer's are now my favorite magazine.
forumrunner_20120322_060521.jpg  

Old 03-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #30

Liked 1429 Times on 809 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcguns View Post
...people who bitch about them are mostly afraid of change and probably poo-poo'd the Glocks...
The thread title is "tactical tupperware"

Fitting.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello