Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > tactical tupperware??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 5

All in how you use em I guess. Have loaded and shot hundreds of rounds out of mine with ZERO malfunctions. Of course I don't drop em often..but when I do I have yet to have em puke their load. I like em, load easy and go bang when I trip the trigger...
As with everything, it is a choice and some like, some don't. Best of luck with what ever you use.

"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henery ... "The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!" George Washington

Old 03-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #12

YouTube the pmag and you won't have anymore questions after a vid or two

Old 03-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5473 Times on 2860 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcguns View Post
pmags are good to go, people who bitch about them are mostly afraid of change and probably poo-poo'd the Glocks also, which has proven to be a superior answer to reliability also.
try shooting lead bullets out of a glock then we can talk try googling glock fail to feed. glock reliability is pretty much one of those interweb myths
Quote:
About 955,000 results
not afraid of change i just dont like getting ripped off on a sub-par product. if you have had good luck with them more power to ya.

watching the behind the scenes show of sons of guns and one of the tards on the show just dropped a pmag out of an ar15 and two rounds popped out when it hit the table from about a foot and a half up...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 03-22-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #14

Shot lead reloads for years in competition. Ran 4lk of WWB through my G17 in two days without a hitch. Ran over 20k through it total without as much as a spring change.

I can only talk from my own experience (or at least I choose to) and I've never been disappointed with Glocks or pmags

Old 03-22-2012, 02:23 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Magpul PMags or GI mags w/ Magpul followers.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #16

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Trusting a plastic magazine can only be accomplished by a man who's never had to perform a 3 To 5 second rush.

Tack

Old 03-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

try shooting lead bullets out of a glock then we can talk try googling glock fail to feed. glock reliability is pretty much one of those interweb myths

not afraid of change i just dont like getting ripped off on a sub-par product. if you have had good luck with them more power to ya.

watching the behind the scenes show of sons of guns and one of the tards on the show just dropped a pmag out of an ar15 and two rounds popped out when it hit the table from about a foot and a half up...
I watched that episode and he didn't seat the magazine all the way and pulled the charge handle and the magazine dropped. The round that came out was from being partially grabbed by the bolt.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:49 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Trusting a plastic magazine can only be accomplished by a man who's never had to perform a 3 To 5 second rush.

Tack
So you really feel that way or are you just trying to get people worked up?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #19

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
So you really feel that way or are you just trying to get people worked up?
I really feel that way. I used to carry an A2 and often had to hit the ground in a hurry. I was always cautious of not letting my GI mags hit the ground while doing this because I did not trust the light gauge metal. Don't see how I could be comfortable with plastic?

I'm sure plastic mags are ok for range use but when things get ugly, guns get dropped, or fallen upon, used as clubs, ect...

I like metal mags because they never failed me under harsh conditions. They're proven.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My .02 cents

Tack

Old 03-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #20

Liked 621 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1593

Well my experience with pmags is that they are the best plastic mag out there. And the price ain't bad.

Just ask linuxuser, his friend threw a fully loaded pmag down and nothing happened. Then we shot it out 2 days later.

The tapco AR mags are not that good. I've got one that got broke because a dumb kid sat on it in the back seat...