Tactical Operator 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Tactical Operator 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tactical Operator 2

Hey guys. I ordered a Rock River Tactical Operator 2 from my local guy. This is my first AR and I was just looking to see if anyone had one and had a review. I know RRA is a great company; a friend of mine has a few. I can't wait for this to get here in about a week.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Default Here's a link for you to check out.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/got-another-one-63007/

Rock River has a good reputation. I don't have one personally but the folks on here that have them like them.

Welcome to FTF, stop by the Introduction section and check in.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Same here. I ordered it from my LGS 2-3 weeks ago. He got me for $970 if im not mistaken. Put $100 down payment and enough time for me to gather the rest of it while waiting for it. Rock River states on their website the current leadtime is 60-90 days. This will be my 1st Rock River and read nothing but good reviews. For a $1K range, its a good deal especially it comes with a chromed BCG and i love the stock too.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #4

I have an Elite Operator 2, which is the exact same thing except the handguard and I love it.

Ive got about 1000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions and its 1 moa accurate..

The downside is its heavy. But as long as you arent planning on carrying it for long distances or competition youll be ok.

Grab yourself some PMags and enjoy...

Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm an RRA guy too and think they're great, but I'm not crazy about the large lettering on the side of the gun. It looks out of place to me. Company Logo's are one thing, but that stuff just looks amateurish.

When I got my RRA scope mount they had a bunch of needless lettering on the side of it, so I taped it off and painted over it with some flat black spray paint.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Congrats, let us know how she performs. I live about 20 minutes from RRA so the people around here love them, one of these days I need to get over there and tour the facility and see what all the fuss is about.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #7

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Rocks Rock! Enjoy

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My buddy picked up the mid length operator(not sure the exact name), and he loves it as a patrol rifle. His only complaint is the weight, and I'll second that, shot it myself and it felt damn good to shoot but for our use it's heavy. Other than that like they said above, grab some pmags and enjoy!

Oh and he was told the wait could be up to 3 months but got his in like 3-4 weeks!

Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRacerX75x View Post
My buddy picked up the mid length operator(not sure the exact name), and he loves it as a patrol rifle. His only complaint is the weight, and I'll second that, shot it myself and it felt damn good to shoot but for our use it's heavy. Other than that like they said above, grab some pmags and enjoy!

Oh and he was told the wait could be up to 3 months but got his in like 3-4 weeks!
When I ordered my RRA 16" mid-length complete upper from the factory back last fall before Thanksgiving they were saying 10-12 weeks for delivery, but it actually only took 5 weeks. Much of the time issue is what you order. If they've got the parts in stock they crank it out for you, but if they are at the mercy of one of their suppliers it takes much longer to get.

Hard to say with the new pre-election panic what will happen with deliveries. Many AR Manufacturers have even taken the extreme step of suspending the taking of any new orders because they are so helplessly back-logged.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #10

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

One of the biggest things for me is the names they give their products. An entire line named Tactical Operator, Pro Series Government/ Elite, Entry Tactical, Elite Car, and Tactical Car. I doubt I'm the only one that finds that slightly amusing when companies that produce ARs that end up in the hands of men in harms way don't do such things. Just an observation.