You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Tacfirecon.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1140 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
$500 price tag right? Seems okay.. if i have extra disposable budget, might get one. Before they turn it become an NFA item.
It may be expensive, but the cost of R&D and machining, coating, etc. has to be paid for somehow. I'd like to test one out.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 11-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #12

Liked 1185 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 2064

If you watch closely its a very short pull that bump fires very easily. Im guessing they arent for sale yet because these are probably still pending with the BATFE / NFA or they would be selling as we speak. Really its a much better concept than the slide fire That allows you to choose how you want to fire and not have to lock the stock down, $500 isnt terrible but I wont pay for one. I can see these going over well in place that rent guns on their ranges for people that want to rent a MG. The average person wont know the difference

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 11-23-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Old 11-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11094 Times on 5876 Posts
Likes Given: 23813

I guess you still have to push the rifle instead of pulling the trigger?
Drop in triggers are around $200. The extra cost is for the novelty.
I wonder if this is just the latest attempt at another gadget like the hellfire, gat, and tac triggers of years gone by.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #14

Liked 1185 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 2064

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I guess you still have to push the rifle instead of pulling the trigger?
Drop in triggers are around $200. The extra cost is for the novelty.
I wonder if this is just the latest attempt at another gadget like the hellfire, gat, and tac triggers of years gone by.
I don't think you will need to pull it forward. If u watch the video it has a really really short throw, I would say even with what little bit of recoil the .223 provides will probably make it work pretty easily

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 11-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #15

Liked 170 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
If you watch closely its a very short pull that bump fires very easily. Im guessing they arent for sale yet because these are probably still pending with the BATFE / NFA or they would be selling as we speak. Really its a much better concept than the slide fire That allows you to choose how you want to fire and not have to lock the stock down, $500 isnt terrible but I wont pay for one. I can see these going over well in place that rent guns on their ranges for people that want to rent a MG. The average person wont know the difference
Well my email said they have a launch date of December 1 and they are batfe approved.
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #16

Liked 170 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

And if anyone has any experience with paintball guns its kinda like the more expensive one that not like the slide fire stocks.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:51 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

It's up for PRE-ORDER.

http://tacfirecon.com/tacfireconshop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Old 12-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #18

Does a person really need one of these? No, probably not. But "need" is beside the point. I want one. I don't generally rapid fire my AR and waste ammo, but I would like the option to if I saw fit. I mean really.... Laying down a lot of fire occasionally is fun. I don't care who you are. You can't truthfully disagree with that. (Taking the cost of ammo out of the equation of course) I like the overall function of the slide fire stock, but you have to take the grip and at I off of your gun and replace with a ****ty looking and feeling stock. Sure you can lock a lever and resume semi auto fire, but you still have the overpriced crummy stock.

Is $495 a lot for the Tac Con trigger? Yes but you have to take into consideration all of the R&D, machining, NP3 coating etc etc. I bet the profit margin is significantly lower than that of the Slide Fire stock. I like the fact that all you have to do is flip the selector switch to go from semi auto to really fast semi auto. No stock changes.

All of this to say that I pre-ordered one! I am willing to give this a shot. Much much much cheaper than a real machine gun + no tax stamp. I realize that this trigger is not for everyone and some may find it to be stupid. That is their choice and they can do as they choose with their ARs. I for one am pretty excited for the opportunity to try one of these out.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Old 12-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

We got the same thinking TG!. But i haven't ordered yet, some funds need to go somewhere important at the same time.
But honestly, i want and will order one soon. I don't think $500 is expensive. And i hate Slide Fire stock.. ugly .

Old 12-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
We got the same thinking TG!. But i haven't ordered yet, some funds need to go somewhere important at the same time. But honestly, i want and will order one soon. I don't think $500 is expensive. And i hate Slide Fire stock.. ugly .
The slide fire stock is hideous. I don't think the $495 is high or I would not have ordered it. But alot of people will believe that to be high, so most may not order it. I like having things that others don't. This is yet another way to make my builds stand out from others. I hope that the end of December first of January shipping estimate is accurate. This will be going in my Burnt Bronze build. With the mid-length gas and almost non existent recoil, muzzle control during rapid fire should be pretty easy.

sputnik1988 Likes This