You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Tac Trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2014, 02:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Tac Trigger

Has anyone used the Tac Trigger attachment on their AR15. I was at a local gun show a few weeks ago and purchased a few of them figuring it would be cool to have the ability to simulate full auto while at the range. I have not installed it as of yet, just wanted to know if anyone has used them or anything like it, and what are the drawbacks..... If any....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2014, 03:12 AM   #2

Liked 1140 Times on 523 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrock44 View Post
Has anyone used the Tac Trigger attachment on their AR15. I was at a local gun show a few weeks ago and purchased a few of them figuring it would be cool to have the ability to simulate full auto while at the range. I have not installed it as of yet, just wanted to know if anyone has used them or anything like it, and what are the drawbacks..... If any....

Installed one, but unfortunately I have not had any range time to test it yet. Dang working Saturdays!
imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1394507545.936506.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
ratpacker Likes This 
Old 03-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner View Post
Installed one, but unfortunately I have not had any range time to test it yet. Dang working Saturdays!
Attachment 138704

Pls make a video of it.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Pls make a video of it.

😔 I will if I ever get a chance to go shoot!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Old 03-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #5

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:

You bought.... a few of them? They're 500$ each? What do you do for a living lol

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #6

Liked 111 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 48

He's probably referring to this:

www.tactriggers.com

Old 03-15-2014, 04:36 PM   #7

Liked 379 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:

Every trigger mounted bumpfire assist device I have ever seen, used or heard of, to include the tac trigger, hasn't been any more effective than a 50 cent thick rubber band looped through the trigger and magazine. The only bumpfire assist device that makes a really good difference is the Slide Fire, which can be made to work with a .22LR AR. I used to bumpfire a lot, and I tried a few to include the Tac Trigger, and they are a PITA to install, and flimsy enough that many will fly apart after enough rounds. Shame you didn't address this subject before you bought the Tac's.
www.poormansmachinegun.com

Old 03-18-2014, 04:27 PM   #8

Liked 1196 Times on 770 Posts
Likes Given: 2064

Quote:
😔 I will if I ever get a chance to go shoot!

You ever get out and try this ? My buddy got to try someone elses at the range he said it may have been him but he could fire a mil spec trigger about as fast as it was working . He said it wasnt $500 impressive

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 03-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
You ever get out and try this ? My buddy got to try someone elses at the range he said it may have been him but he could fire a mil spec trigger about as fast as it was working . He said it wasnt $500 impressive

My initial impressions..... Spend the $500 on something else. The trigger slap is very uncomfortable. And that was with me wearing gloves. :-(

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 03-19-2014, 09:24 PM   #10

Liked 1196 Times on 770 Posts
Likes Given: 2064

Quote:
My initial impressions..... Spend the $500 on something else. The trigger slap is very uncomfortable. And that was with me wearing gloves. :-(

I wondered about that ,but since it supposedly has a real short reset I wondered if you would even notice it . Well thanks for taking one for the team buddy .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens