surplus ammo.com?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

surplus ammo.com?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 211
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

I've been scoping out (pun intended) Surplus ammo and arms for awhile now waiting to get some funds together. Has anyone ever purchased from the? How is the quality? There prices for the upper reciever packages seem out of this world. Is there a catch?
jwalsh66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,898
Liked 1070 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66 View Post
I've been scoping out (pun intended) Surplus ammo and arms for awhile now waiting to get some funds together. Has anyone ever purchased from the? How is the quality? There prices for the upper reciever packages seem out of this world. Is there a catch?

I've bough ammo from them with no problems...
johnr1943 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 211
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

What about an ar complete upper? The specs look right
jwalsh66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GREGULON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 271
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Default

I have my first AR from them and my second 300 Blackout lower from them and they are both solid. If you get one the only complaint I had was the stock barrel with the 1 in 9 twist was terrible and seemed to just throw ammo everywhere. So either get a better barrel on the upper or plan on getting one. I put a Rainer Arms 1 in 8 stainless steel and now it hammers nails.
GREGULON is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 211
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGULON View Post
I have my first AR from them and my second 300 Blackout lower from them and they are both solid. If you get one the only complaint I had was the stock barrel with the 1 in 9 twist was terrible and seemed to just throw ammo everywhere. So either get a better barrel on the upper or plan on getting one. I put a Rainer Arms 1 in 8 stainless steel and now it hammers nails.
I was planning on getting the one with the blackhole weaponry polygonal rifled barrel. I've heard good reviews on that. I figured a good barrel is worth an extra hundred. How about the bcg? Is it worth keeping the included one or upgrading to a better one? Thanks for the feedback. Doesnt seem like many on here have bought from them.
jwalsh66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ez2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MODESTO CA.
Posts: 1,788
Liked 561 Times on 379 Posts

Default

I buy ammo from them all the time great company
Ez2b is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GREGULON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 271
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalsh66 View Post

I was planning on getting the one with the blackhole weaponry polygonal rifled barrel. I've heard good reviews on that. I figured a good barrel is worth an extra hundred. How about the bcg? Is it worth keeping the included one or upgrading to a better one? Thanks for the feedback. Doesnt seem like many on here have bought from them.
Bcg is still working well it's given me no problem.
GREGULON is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 211
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGULON View Post

Bcg is still working well it's given me no problem.
Ok then I think ill go ahead and order one. The price is definitely right
jwalsh66 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GonzoLonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Antonio,Texas
Posts: 169
Liked 75 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 117

Default

Hey bud, I bought that same upper with the Black Hole Weaponry barrel from them about 2 years ago. That thing is a lot more accurate than I am. The bcg it comes with is o.k. it will work but I switched it out about a year ago for something better. I have bought other parts from them with no issues. The problem I now have with them, is that at one point they raised the price of their ammo to stupid high prices. They had 1000 round of 5.56 for $1600. That's crazy. Since then I have decided not to buy from them. Just my choice.
GonzoLonzo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KG7IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Posts: 2,805
Liked 2036 Times on 1126 Posts
Likes Given: 6092

Default

I consider Surplus Ammo and Arms a local company.
I have been to both of their stores here in Tacoma (Downtown and Lakewood).

They have a great staff, great selection. I am very happy with their store-brand products.

They were my choice when building my pistol on a theme of 'Local Gun'
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/ar-picture-thread-83/index77.html#post1310243
KG7IL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
8mm surplus ammo problems? Gizord1 General Rifle Discussion 18 01-26-2013 02:35 PM
Surplus ammo in KC area. ace1986 Ammunition & Reloading 3 03-21-2012 11:32 PM
Surplus 45 Ammo? michigan0626 General Handgun Discussion 6 11-14-2010 11:17 AM
Stinky surplus ammo Poink88 General Rifle Discussion 12 06-29-2010 12:43 AM
Surplus Ammo for the M14. Angeleyes Ammunition & Reloading 3 10-09-2008 11:31 PM



Newest Threads