suppressor
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > suppressor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default suppressor

I have a Daniels Defense M-4 and I want to add a suppressor anyone have input into what would be the best?

The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect.
Clausewitz

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Have you filed the appropriate paperwork to acquire said suppressor??

What is the length and twist rate of your barrel that you wish to suppress?

What bullet weight do you intend on shooting and have you factored the lower velocity of the subsonic rounds needed for the suppressor??

JD

Old 12-02-2010, 01:45 AM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

you can shoot super sonic ammo with a suppressor but you are kind of defeating the purpose of the suppressor.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:54 AM   #4

After much consideration I went with a Liberty can; named the Pandora. It is not rated for full auto but will handle anything as long as it is under 223/224 diamter and full metal jacket (No 22LR) this includes nosler ballistic tips and such. My next choice would have been the Quicksilver. But I have to say there are many good silencers out there by many different companies; shop around and pick the one you like the best.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 11

AAC M4-2000 with BlackOut mount.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:23 PM   #6

How do you lke the "Quick Detach" system? I am thinking about getting one in 30 caliber next and do not like having to screw the thing on and off each time. Noticed the little bugger can get hot so I am not too sure iI would switch while shooting very often.

I have noticed Smith Enterprises and Surefire both offer a Quick Detach mounting system; how do they differ from yours or are they all pretty much the same?

Old 12-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #7

I opted for OPS INC. Their machining is fantastic. They aren't the lightest cans around, but they are pretty sweet.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNCDR View Post
How do you lke the "Quick Detach" system? I am thinking about getting one in 30 caliber next and do not like having to screw the thing on and off each time. Noticed the little bugger can get hot so I am not too sure iI would switch while shooting very often.

I have noticed Smith Enterprises and Surefire both offer a Quick Detach mounting system; how do they differ from yours or are they all pretty much the same?
The best thing IMO about the fast-attach Ratchet-Mount is that the can isn't going come loose during hard use. You also have a flash suppressor or muzzle brake that stays on the barrel if you decide to shoot non-suppressed. If you decide to use it on a SBR, the muzzle brake mount acts as a "pre-blast baffle" and takes alot of the abuse that would be directed at the blast baffle itself. You can replace the mount for about $100 if needed.

I'm not familar with those other mounting systems.

I agree rjrivero, the OPS INC. cans are rock solid.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #9

very well; off to the OPS, INC. website I go.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #10

Well I went with gemtek 30 cal shoot it on every thing 30 cal and less. Works great on 223,22.6.8,308,300winmag. Yes it's loud with supersonic ammo but no ear protection required. Also on 22 wit subs the sound of the action working gets annoying! Ya it's heavy and bulky but very versital. Have use 223 cal can and honestly not as quiet as 30 cal can on 223 or 22 for that matter, have fun and enjoy the 3 mo wait for your papers.