Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Suggestions on what to do...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
You while typing the above, "Im going to show him!"

AR did not originate from Colt
You are right, it originated from Armalite but was TM by colt, like i said, i was giving him crap but no matter where it comes from it was still TM by colt and you cant ignore a TM, so now im giving you crap any more statements MR sour puss?

Any way back to the topic, since you have a build for everything elese why not just leave it factory.

Last edited by deathkricket; 04-14-2011 at 03:43 AM.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
You are right, it originated from Armalite but was TM by colt, like i said, i was giving him crap but no matter where it comes from it was still TM by colt and you cant ignore a TM, so now im giving you crap any more question MR sour puss

Any way back to the topic, since you have a build for everything elese why not just leave it factory.
It was all w/ in good spirits. The downside to the internet, its hard to read someones mood.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
It was all w/ in good spirits. The downside to the internet, its hard to read someones mood.
That is what those little smiley faces are for I guess. I wasn't pissed, were you guys?

I aint no expert. Just a guy who is having a blast learning about and building AR's

Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #24

Liked 75 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysKJ View Post
That is what those little smiley faces are for I guess. I wasn't pissed, were you guys?

I aint no expert. Just a guy who is having a blast learning about and building AR's
All of you need to more, seeing as how you already have a set up for everything WoodysKJ, may as well leave it stock, nothing wrong with that, you already have short and long range setups, bout the only thing you could do is a full blown SBR or somthing along that line, i wish i had another bushy so that i could leave it stock and LIGHT weight, but i cant justify spending money on 2 of the same guns because this is a problem you tend to run into, but id be happy to rehome that full size colt for you

Old 04-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I did the wink face so I thought I was good. The only time I start to get irritated is when guys start telling new people that Olys, BMs and other such manufacturers are "just as good".

Id keep the rifle as is.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #26

I don't know about a set up, but I don't see any FDE or ODG furniture in that pic.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSmitty1 View Post
I don't know about a set up, but I don't see any FDE or ODG furniture in that pic.
OKAY NOW WE ARE TALKING. I need pics if this stuff and links PLEASE

Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #28

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Magpul CTR?

Magpul MIAD?

IOR Pitbull?

Brownells Aluma Hyde2?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #29

Liked 971 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSmitty1 View Post
I just have black widows too!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5459 Times on 2851 Posts
Likes Given: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodysKJ View Post
That gives me a boner just the think about it then it goes away when I think about how much that will cost. Not to mention the FBI and BATF and who ever else wants to crawl up my a$$ for 4 to 6 months before I can even lay my hands on the toy. I would qualify hands down, jus not sure I wanna completely give up my search and seizure rights.

I will go class III some day, just not ready yet
there is a huge gulf of regulation between owning a class 3 ffl and simply owning nfa regulated items.

this is a common myth regarding simple ownership of NFA items. silencers aow sbr machine gun owners do NOT surrender their search and seizure 4th amendment rights. only holders of FFL and SOT license do so and even then only their buisiness premises. the BATF can only compel a non-ffl non-sot person to produce their tax stamp without warrant.

the batf must gain owner consent or a search warrant to even look at your nfa controlled item.

that being said if the batf comes to my door they can wait outside while i get the paperwork. if they want to see the item they can sit in the dining room as it is rude to leave folks at the door while i get it. i have no problem with showing it to them. but they are not going to lay eyes on my gun safe without a warrant

i asked the lawyer who drew up my trust about this exact issue. he is an expert in NFA related lawyering so i got sound legal advice on it. i strongly recommend that anyone interested do the same and consult a real nfa expertised lawyer on the subject. i learned an aweful lot talking to him.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 04-14-2011 at 09:55 PM.