suggestions on railed gas block

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > suggestions on railed gas block

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default suggestions on railed gas block

Just picked up my new ar couple months Back, curious what's a good gas block with rail?any advice or experience?
My first ar15
forumrunner_20130927_100559.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #2

Liked 225 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytalks View Post
Just picked up my new ar couple months Back, curious what's a good gas block with rail?any advice or experience?
My first ar15
Attachment 120365
Kinda pricey, but JP makes adjustable gas blocks. If you're rifle is a SHTF gun, or you are keeping it for the zombie apocolypse, it would be handy for if you have to change ammo. Course, I think you have a pinned sight base/gas block. Don't know your skill level, or that of whoever you have working on your gun, but pinned sights can be a buggar to take off.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #3

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

First why do you think you need a railed gas block and what are your intentions with it . Personally I would leave what you have on it , its durable , reliable and gas leaks wont be a problem with your current setup . I removed a FSP and went to a low pro Troy and honestly I wish I would have just left good enough alone.
If you just need rail space use what you currently have

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 09-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
First why do you think you need a railed gas block and what are your intentions with it . Personally I would leave what you have on it , its durable , reliable and gas leaks wont be a problem with your current setup . I removed a FSP and went to a low pro Troy and honestly I wish I would have just left good enough alone.
If you just need rail space use what you currently have

The reason I'm interested in a railed gas block is because I want to put a folding front sight on, gives me an option for my red dot sight

Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytalks View Post

The reason I'm interested in a railed gas block is because I want to put a folding front sight on, gives me an option for my red dot sight
In that case I'd skip the railed gas block idea and go for a free float full length fore grip and a low profile gas block.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #6

Liked 99 Times on 65 Posts

Forget the rail gas block. I have one and I wished I had your setup. Your frontsight should line up with your red dot. If it doesn't get a riser for it. The railgas blocks aren't pinned to the barrel so they do come loose.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycastor View Post
Forget the rail gas block. I have one and I wished I had your setup. Your frontsight should line up with your red dot. If it doesn't get a riser for it. The railgas blocks aren't pinned to the barrel so they do come loose.
Thanks bro, I think i'll leave it as it is for now.