Sub 1k AR? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Sub 1k AR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

If it wasn't a rifle capable of consistent, reliable performance, I wouldn't have posted it.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTE View Post
If it wasn't a rifle capable of consistent, reliable performance, I wouldn't have posted it.
I'm sure it's good for what it is. And maybe the upper is outstanding (once you add a rear sight and/or a scope). But the unibody design of the lower would be enough to put me off; we should ideally be able to swap out the grip and stock.

Please don't take offense where none is intended. This is probably a very good rifle. All I'm saying is you might be able to come in at the same price with a comparable rifle that gives you a little more flexibility with a conventional lower.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sub 1K?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=573213

Price is good to Election Time

Slo

Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I'm sure it's good for what it is. And maybe the upper is outstanding (once you add a rear sight and/or a scope). But the unibody design of the lower would be enough to put me off; we should ideally be able to swap out the grip and stock.

Please don't take offense where none is intended. This is probably a very good rifle. All I'm saying is you might be able to come in at the same price with a comparable rifle that gives you a little more flexibility with a conventional lower.
I'm not offended at all. I've posted several reputable sub 1000.00 ARs out there that from a features stand point pretty much overwhelm the homebrew weapons that I see floating around at club shoots, forums, etc. I think more that I'm bemused that most rifles that people 'swear' by online have never see hard use or pushed to the rifles limits in training, ancedotal evidence aside.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #15

Liked 1321 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 636

That lower looks like the lower that Daewoo uses on their AR and it is a great gun from what I've heard and they are not cheap guns.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:17 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
That lower looks like the lower that Daewoo uses on their AR and it is a great gun from what I've heard and they are not cheap guns.
Any idea what punctuation is?

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:12 AM   #17

I like the cav arms, but not enough to buy one for myself. I Emailed the owner about putting out a shorter molded stock (Think A2) and I believe he said they were thinking about it.

Bravo Company is selling thier 16" middy right now for $449. The things sell out VERY quickly. They also sell BCG that are mil spec for $130. So for around 600 you get a mil spec upper to bolt on to whatever lower you choose.

I'd probably do a Spikes or a custom engraved Anvil arms. Get a Lower Parts Kit, a rear sight, and a stock set and you're in business. If you don't plan on using an optic, or plan on a Aimpoint style red dot, check out the LaRue battle sight. Otherwise there are several makers of BUIS out there.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You should be able to find a good model Bushmaster for around $850 local.

Newest Threads