Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stripped Lower question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stripped Lower question

Ok, so I'm about to dive into the EBR assembler fraternity. What a better way to start than to ask a dumb question. With all the laws/regulations and rediculous red tape technicalities, I want to check in here.

I'm looking at getting one of Spikes stripped lowers thats all over the place for $90. Only catch is, they're marked safe/semi/auto. Is this a problem for someone just looking to build a semi-auto? I assume all the parts work just as well, but I wasn't sure if JohnnyLaw would have a problem with a rifle with "auto" markings for average citizen-me.?

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You have any pictures? Because there is a HUGE difference in the configuration between a "semi auto" lower and an "M4/Full Auto" lower.

Anyone who knows the difference, especially a LEO who should have category 2 in the squad car, should be able to crack your AR open and IMMEDIATELY know the difference.

JD

Old 08-28-2010, 02:50 AM   #3

It's the one right on spikes webpage and Brownells. No big deal, I'll check with one of them during business hours. Thanks.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_65&prod ucts_id=52

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=56222/pid=31719/sku/Stripped_AR_15_Lower_Receiver

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Last edited by SeanCucf; 08-28-2010 at 03:04 AM.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:09 AM   #4

No internal pictures, but the outside isn't drilled for the auto sear, so it's just a semi-auto version from all indications.

I would say you are probably 100% okay.

JD

Old 08-28-2010, 03:18 AM   #5

From all information(or lack thereof), it looks like it's just for show. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure. Thanks Dillinger.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
From all information(or lack thereof), it looks like it's just for show. I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure. Thanks Dillinger.
You're good bro. No one is selling an M4 lower for that price. But, if they are, let me know will you.