Starting my first build
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Starting my first build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 34 Posts

Default Starting my first build

This is what I have.

image-1703320729.jpg

image-3006250346.jpg

image-2301824341.jpg

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #2

All DPMS so far............ ………................ ...

Old 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #3

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

well your off to a good start anyway

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 05-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #4

This is my new lower

image-3139398237.jpg

It is forged and got it at a gun show.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:09 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Nice man I just built my second lower today I have 2 more and have a lower Parts kit on its way Tom

do you need help finding parts ?

Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by combateffective4
Nice man I just built my second lower today I have 2 more and have a lower Parts kit on its way Tom

do you need help finding parts ?
I need help, I was in the process of getting my parts to do a partial first build, I was going to build the lower and I have a order in for a complete RRA upper. Needless to say I think I am going to be waiting for the upper for a while. I ended up deciding i was going to wait for the RRA upper but build one in the mean time since my lower will be built by next week, I live in Crappyfornia (California) so I am waiting for my lower. I bought a stripped flat top lower from Aeropercision for $89, now I need the rest of the parts. I don't need the best, just good solid quality parts. I have read chrome-lined are better to have but how much of a difference there is I'm not sure. I am somewhat of a noob to the AR15 but I am hooked. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isalil View Post

I need help, I was in the process of getting my parts to do a partial first build, I was going to build the lower and I have a order in for a complete RRA upper. Needless to say I think I am going to be waiting for the upper for a while. I ended up deciding i was going to wait for the RRA upper but build one in the mean time since my lower will be built by next week, I live in Crappyfornia (California) so I am waiting for my lower. I bought a stripped flat top lower from Aeropercision for $89, now I need the rest of the parts. I don't need the best, just good solid quality parts. I have read chrome-lined are better to have but how much of a difference there is I'm not sure. I am somewhat of a noob to the AR15 but I am hooked. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

okay so i highly recommend Palmetto state arms http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/build-kits/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lower-build-kit.html

my PSA lower will be here tom ive used 2 of there build kits before i think they are quality for the price i orderred the pink kit lol i figure im gonna replace the stock and grip anyways

the previous kit i have bought have been good (PSA) ... i just recieved a RRA parts kit today for a more then good price
http://www.runnerrunnerguns.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RRA%2DLPK
the quality was ok not to bash RRA but the trigger was real stiff i think at least 10lbs andry 25$ the detents suck im gonna replace the selector and detents but its a inexpensive start ...

buffers range from 25$-60$ so the psa may be smarter (RRA doesnt have buffer assembly)
you can all ways just try to sell the grip and stock if its not what you want
if you cant sell it.. donation parts box and give it to your friend that is now interested in
a build after they see yours

Old 05-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #8

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by isalil

Check PSA also for uppers. I have a complete one minus the BCG coming in tomorrow that cost about 550 and that's with a free float handguard. They have some that have vortex optics on them for cheaper

Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #9

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 105

PSA also has rifle build kits, it has everything you need, minus a stripped lower, which you have anyway. Also check out the deals deals deals thread, it'll probably help you out trying to find parts

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 05-25-2013, 03:46 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for all the help, can anyone recommend a quality 5.56 barrel on a budget? I don't want a barrel with A2 sights just bare 16" that I can put a Magpul or free float handguard and flip up sights on the gas block.