Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > STAG or Spikes Tactical you choose and Y???

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 690

I know early S&W ARs were almost exclusively CMT and Colt used some of their parts. Today S&W does most manufacturing in house. Not sure if CMT is a Colt supplier today but geographically it makes sense.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Yeah its been awhile,but during the big scare when Obama was voted into office I built over 20 AR's during that month when everybody and their brother bought mags and parts you name it,people and officers I worked with where bringing me lowers and parts kits from stag and other vendors that's when I checked into it,I remember people were paying 200 dollars for stripped stag lowers and parts kits for 125 dollars

Combat Corespondent

Old 02-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am a lefty. Stag is the way to go if you don't like hot brass flying past your face. They make an AR in left hand model. At the range yesterday I was hit in the face with a case from my Beretta 92 normally it flies over my right shoulder. That's why I would buy the Stag.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 02-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #24

Liked 333 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 51

From what I've seen, Stag is THE place for LH ARs. If I were a southpaw, I'd go Stag just because they've been in that game for the longest time....

Old 12-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Spikes Tactical, Stag is not mil-spec and is commercial, to you it may not matter but to me it does. Spikes is proven and is up their with BCM and Colt

Last edited by PittTactical556; 12-13-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #26

Pitt you know these are dead threads you keep dredging up, don't you?

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Pitt you know these are dead threads you keep dredging up, don't you?
Sorry, I didn't know that I am not allowed to post freely whether old or new. Who are you to tell someone no or yes on here?

Old 12-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #28
FAA licensed bugsmasher

Liked 1904 Times on 1041 Posts
Likes Given: 691

I don't think he meant to be rude. Typically, members would rather see new conversations started than pulling up old questions that have long been answered.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #29

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
I don't think he meant to be rude. Typically, members would rather see new conversations started than pulling up old questions that have long been answered.
Like I said, I am new and like to be able to look at these threads and express my opinions without having to be judged or put down, if he doesn't like it, keep scrolling

Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittTactical556 View Post
Sorry, I didn't know that I am not allowed to post freely whether old or new. Who are you to tell someone no or yes on here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittTactical556 View Post
Like I said, I am new and like to be able to look at these threads and express my opinions without having to be judged or put down, if he doesn't like it, keep scrolling

I wasn't rude however you are.

Of course post freely but please start a new thread if you have a topic you want to discuss. Or post in a current thread. Occasionally there are reasons to pick up an old thread if it is pertinent to something still current but you've pulled up quite a few old threads. Problem is we think they're new and start to answer only to find the question has been long answered. It's a waste of everyone's time.

vincent Likes This 
Closed Thread