Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   STAG or Spikes Tactical you choose and Y??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/stag-spikes-tactical-you-choose-y-57261/)

USMarineEJP 02-08-2012 04:01 AM

STAG or Spikes Tactical you choose and Y???

Which AR do you think is better and why? If you wanna reference another AR then don't post. Only interested in who know these companies. Thank You

www.stagarms.com

www.spikestactical.com

mjkeat 02-08-2012 04:28 AM

Which models. Why those two companies? What for?

vmkeith 02-08-2012 06:28 AM

The simple answer is it doesn't matter. Both Stag and Spikes are good to go. The difference between the two...Stag does their machining in house, while Spikes contracts out...that's the last I heard anyway.

mjkeat 02-08-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmkeith (Post 702567)
The simple answer is it doesn't matter. Both Stag and Spikes are good to go. The difference between the two...Stag does their machining in house, while Spikes contracts out...that's the last I heard anyway.

There is a lot more to it than that. IMO each have a different target audience thus offer a different product.

As far as the machining I'm not sure how accurate your comment is. They probably wouldn't answer that question anyway, most seem to hold that info fairly close.

DD makes the large majority of their stuff including most of the fasteners they use. I believe DPMS makes most of their stuff as well. So you can see that making your parts in house doesn't always make a difference.

USMarineEJP 02-08-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat

There is a lot more to it than that. IMO each have a different target audience thus offer a different product.

As far as the machining I'm not sure how accurate your comment is. They probably wouldn't answer that question anyway, most seem to hold that info fairly close.

DD makes the large majority of their stuff including most of the fasteners they use. I believe DPMS makes most of their stuff as well. So you can see that making your parts in house doesn't always make a difference.

Yea that might be true. But stag does make parts for Colt and S&W

mjkeat 02-08-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 702504)
Which models. Why those two companies? What for?

?

We need more info to help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMarineEJP (Post 702751)
Yea that might be true. But stag does make parts for Colt and S&W

link?

USMarineEJP 02-08-2012 04:12 PM

I would say , compare models 1 and 2 with the upgrade kit from Stag Arms. And the last two 16 LE carbines on the last page from Spikes.

mjkeat 02-08-2012 05:47 PM

Don't worry about links we'll do all the work for you.

Why don't you do the research for yourself.

USMarineEJP 02-08-2012 08:07 PM

Links r at the top, I did the research just wondering if any1 had experience, and what their opinion would be.

mjkeat 02-08-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMarineEJP (Post 702995)
Links r at the top, I did the research just wondering if any1 had experience, and what their opinion would be.

Your links do nothing but take us to the home page of the manufacturer. Have you wondered why you're not getting much help?