STAG Model 1 or Model 2? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > STAG Model 1 or Model 2?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

No matter what mjkeat says, Stag is a higher end AR company. ask anyone that owns one and they will tell its a fantastic weapon. A 1in9 twist barrel is perfect for anybody that ain't going to afganistan.
Mjkeat is just a stag hater.
Ohh and my stag model 1 is awesome, but go with the 2. Flat tops are a little simpler to mod if ur into that.
Of course people that own a stack or going to say they are high in quality product or they would the bought it in the first place, that makes no sense. Would you purchase a product knowing it was lower quality?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #22

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

If you read my post above your last post you'll see that I said mil spec is the minimum standard and some can't even reach the minimum standard. Stag is 1 of those companies. In fact ill charge you an extra 100 dollars for the trouble to meet mil spec standard. If they're treating mil spec as an upgrade what does that tell you about them as a company?
Stags are completly american made with stainless steel parts and a lifetime warrentee. My stag is one of the most solid AR's I have ever used. And with never a single problem with my stag id say its a pretty damn good weapon.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I made a simple observation and everyone seems to be up in arms that I'm saying stag is not quality. What barrels does dpms bushmaster del ton, etc. use most often? My statement was 100 percent correct but everyone wants to get all up in arms because they think it's a personal attack but it's not, it's nothing but the simple truth.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
If you read my post above your last post you'll see that I said mil spec is the minimum standard and some can't even reach the minimum standard. Stag is 1 of those companies. In fact ill charge you an extra 100 dollars for the trouble to meet mil spec standard. If they're treating mil spec as an upgrade what does that tell you about them as a company?
What he is saying is that MilSpec means nothing in real life. It doesn't make the rifle any better or worse. They are just capitalizing on the fact that people are dumb enough to apparently pay more for something that can say it is "MilSpec". I've actually read that nothing is MilSpec anyway except for what the few Marines are holding in their hands.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I made a simple observation and everyone seems to be up in arms that I'm saying stag is not quality. What barrels does dpms bushmaster del ton, etc. use most often? My statement was 100 percent correct but everyone wants to get all up in arms because they think it's a personal attack but it's not, it's nothing but the simple truth.
But the fact that they use more 1:7 barrels then 1:9 barrels means nothing. Thats what people are trying to say.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #26

Quote:

Of course people that own a stack or going to say they are high in quality product or they would the bought it in the first place, that makes no sense. Would you purchase a product knowing it was lower quality?
No I would not buy an product that is low in quality. Thank you for helping me in proving my point. And I mean no offense.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19

Stags are completly american made with stainless steel parts and a lifetime warrentee. My stag is one of the most solid AR's I have ever used. And with never a single problem with my stag id say its a pretty damn good weapon.
What do you have to compare it against? What's your usage, how many rounds, how long, what length of time? I mean you just can't throw out a blanket statement like that. I can say my 30 round 870 wingmaster that I never use is reliable and solid and whatnot but is that enough to prove anything?

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #28

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

It takes a certain degree of ballistic intelligence to understand twist rates in barrels, along with what they represent, or are trying to accomplish. Twist rates pertain to the stabilization of bullets in flight. In general the longer or heavier the bullet in a given bore size, the more twist rate is required to stabilize it accurately.

The reason for the 1 in 7" twist rate Mil-Spec is to stabilize the L-110 Tracer round, which has an extremely long, but not heavy projectile. A 1 in 9" twist barrel is more than capable of accurately stabilizing all but the heaviest long range speciality bullets. Most of those bullets cannot be magazine loaded into an AR-15 anyway because they have too long of a C.O.A.L. In competition they have to be single loaded in highly specialized rifles. They are of no practical use to a civilian AR-15 shooter. Barrel twist has nothing to do with the quality of a given rifle. Trying to insinuate that one twist rate over another symbolizes any type of lesser or greater quality is ludicrous.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #29

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat

But the fact that they use more 1:7 barrels then 1:9 barrels means nothing. Thats what people are trying to say.
I didn't say the fact that they use certain twist makes them a certain quality of manufacture I said certain quality of manufactures use certain twist barrels.

Everyone is getting so emotionally involved thinking I'm attacking their favorite manufacture they can't even use proper comprehension.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #30

Quote:

What do you have to compare it against? What's your usage, how many rounds, how long, what length of time? I mean you just can't throw out a blanket statement like that. I can say my 30 round 870 wingmaster that I never use is reliable and solid and whatnot but is that enough to prove anything?
I can compair it to a dpms panther, bushmaster predator, and an olympic arms is use. My stag is a better AR than the other 3 I have used. I've only had my stag for a month and used it a lot.
Are you a colt guy by chance?

Closed Thread