STAG(lower) will mine work with Huldra upper?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > STAG(lower) will mine work with Huldra upper?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default STAG(lower) will mine work with Huldra upper?

I've came across Huldra arms in a magazine and checked out their products which are made by mills fleet farms if I read correctly. I was wildly impressed with current mod of the piston driven AR and on the Huldra arms website they state that their uppers will work with any Mil-Spec lower. With little research of my own I couldn't find exactly any specific statement that STAG lowers are Mill-Spec. Only finding of which states that their buffer tube is Mil-Spec and barrel and or such. I have emailed Huldra about my question and being new to this forum or any forum at all I'd figure I would put my question to the kind folks here as well....Thanks for any and all input

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1159 Times on 814 Posts
Likes Given: 1181

Stag should work, their stripped lower is milspec. I don't know about their receiver extension but it shouldn't matter (though I'd never buy a commercial diameter RE myself).
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 07-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #3

Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Yes, Huldra uppers will work with any mil spec AR 15 lower.

I own a Huldra upper and run it on a lower I assembled.

Adams Arms makes the Huldra for Mills Fleet Farm.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn
Yes, Huldra uppers will work with any mil spec AR 15 lower.

I own a Huldra upper and run it on a lower I assembled.

Adams Arms makes the Huldra for Mills Fleet Farm.
So how do like it? And being that it's not only a piston upper but seems to be well priced aganist others! with some unique features that only Huldra has like their barrel treatment and BCG&Bt as well as their purging system and some kind special slides? along the BCG if that is indeed what I saw on some review videos about it

Old 07-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #5

Liked 1311 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 571

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbailnick View Post
So how do like it? And being that it's not only a piston upper but seems to be well priced aganist others! with some unique features that only Huldra has like their barrel treatment and BCG&Bt as well as their purging system and some kind special slides? along the BCG if that is indeed what I saw on some review videos about it
I have shot mostly Wolf steel case and it runs fine with it. I need to get some better sights or a red dot on it. No regrets about buying it.

Largest complaint is the clunky handguard sized to fit over the piston.

I don't run three gun or shoot weekly, so none of my guns are under high stress.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #6

Liked 274 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbailnick View Post
Huldra Arms is Adams Arms brand using their proprietary piston system. Every review on Adams Arms drop in piston systems I have seen has been positive for the most part, so the upper should be ok. Just a reminder, do your own research. With all the hoopla about piston AR's, like anything else, there are some companies making good products, and some make crap. There are companies out there making DI system guns that are just as reliable because the QC is better than other companies. Personnaly, if I were to buy a complete piston upper now, I would probably go with LWRC. They got a longer track record on the piston AR's, and POF is way too expensive.