Stag or Colt? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag or Colt?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun

Should be an m.c. hammer song.
Here you go!!!!

U can't touch this
Look man U can't touch this
You'll probably get hyped boy
'Cause you know you can't U can't touch this
Ring the bell school's back in break it down
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)X4
Stop RUGER TIME!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:43 AM   #32

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetep View Post
Colt is the original mass producer of AR's, they have been making them for several decades and have held a military contract for just as long. They are actual mil-spec guns and have proven themselves for those same decades! Say what you want about all AR's being the same, the facts say different!

Fetep
You do realize they have contracted many parts out right? http://aopmfg.com/index.php/industries/firearms/

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:45 AM   #33

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

Here you go!!!!

U can't touch this
Look man U can't touch this
You'll probably get hyped boy
'Cause you know you can't U can't touch this
Ring the bell school's back in break it down
(Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)X4
Stop RUGER TIME!!!!!
Lmao.......!

Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #34

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetep View Post
Colt is the original mass producer of AR's, they have been making them for several decades and have held a military contract for just as long. They are actual mil-spec guns and have proven themselves for those same decades! Say what you want about all AR's being the same, the facts say different!

Fetep
If im not mistaken Eugene Stoner was working at Armalite when he created the AR10 in 1954, and the AR15 in 1956? ......

Old 09-24-2012, 05:41 AM   #35

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Be it AR or 1911, Colt's a tough act to beat. The Johnnies-come-lately talk a good game but you gotta do more than talk to beat Colt.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Rarity Likes This 
Old 09-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #36

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes there are others that are Mil-Spec, and I'm far from a fanboy, I don't even own a Colt. . LOL. . I've just done the research. What is happening right now is you are butt hurt because you bought a cheap rifle. It's OK, nobody really makes a horrible rifle anymore. And you are jumping to conclusions. I never said that Colt is the end all be all, I said it's a better choice than Stag. And it is. So you just calm down and direct that anger towards someone who cares. I personally own an LMT, my next will be a colt probably just because I love the rifle length guns. SP1 it is:-) For the record I did not in any way want to make this some sort of flame war, I was just stating my opinion and dude got his feelings hurt. I'm sorry and hope we can move on from here:-)

Fetep

Old 09-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #37

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
If im not mistaken Eugene Stoner was working at Armalite when he created the AR10 in 1954, and the AR15 in 1956? ......
I think the key term he was saying was "mass producer". I personally wouldn't have a problem with Stag. My online research has indicated they have decent QC. There are some good deals to be had in the $800-$1000 buck range. If I had a few hundred extra to spend, I would probably get the Colt just because it holds its resale value a lot better than some other similarly priced AR's on name recognition alone. And yes, Stoner was working at Armalite when he invented the AR 10 and the M16.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #38

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
I think the key term he was saying was "mass producer". I personally wouldn't have a problem with Stag. My online research has indicated they have decent QC. There are some good deals to be had in the $800-$1000 buck range. If I had a few hundred extra to spend, I would probably get the Colt just because it holds its resale value a lot better than some other similarly priced AR's on name recognition alone. And yes, Stoner was working at Armalite when he invented the AR 10 and the M16.
My first AR was a STAG, I love them. A mil-spec STAG and a mil-spec COLT are the same gun with different names on them. STAG makes one of the best AR's on the market, and they happen to be one of the leaders in the AR world. Anyone who says they are not good guns do not know what they are talking about.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #39

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
,... A mil-spec STAG and a mil-spec COLT are the same gun with different names on them...
The thing is though, you have to pay an extra $100 to get Stag's "milspec" upgrade which pushes their price pretty close to the $1000-1100 of the Colt.

Though I don't hate Stag, I'd sure take the pony over the deer.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Rarity Likes This