Stag arms upper - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms upper

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,571
Liked 1019 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

Default

Stag would be good if you get their upper. Doesn't really matter, as most stripped lowers are good, so we usually say go for the rollmark you like best in your price range.

__________________

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Quentin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:04 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MichaelBarton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Porter,Texas
Posts: 141
Default

Got my shipping info. It should be here by January 17th

__________________
MichaelBarton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 59
Likes Given: 1

Default

for $800 couldnt you of just bought a new gun? im still waiting to hear back from gun smith on my carbon, screw that holds top rail stripped but didnt crack and it was brand new..

__________________
magnum05 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cfraga1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Idaho Falls,Idaho
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05
im still waiting to hear back from gun smith on my carbon, screw that holds top rail stripped but didnt crack and it was brand new..
This is why you pay $800 for a quality upper....
__________________

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

cfraga1978 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05 View Post
for $800 couldnt you of just bought a new gun? im still waiting to hear back from gun smith on my carbon, screw that holds top rail stripped but didnt crack and it was brand new..
Sounds like a trend. Michael Bolten's Carbon did the same thing.

You'd think people would get the message after seeing the same stuff over and over. Goes to show that most don't research their purchases.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MichaelBarton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Porter,Texas
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Sounds like a trend. Michael Bolten's Carbon did the same thing.

You'd think people would get the message after seeing the same stuff over and over. Goes to show that most don't research their purchases.
exactly. I didnt do any research before i bought mine. I saw it and got it. Ive learned my lesson. I found this website AFTER i bought the Carbon
__________________
MichaelBarton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 59
Likes Given: 1

Default

Well when you have a couple of buddies that are in the gun trade for long time and tell ya that B.M makes good guns, kinda take their word for it.. Maybe they do but not carbons obviously

__________________
magnum05 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cfraga1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Idaho Falls,Idaho
Posts: 264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05
Well when you have a couple of buddies that are in the gun trade for long time and tell ya that B.M makes good guns, kinda take their word for it.. Maybe they do but not carbons obviously
That sucks that you got F-ed by your buddies. I have a friend at work that told me he was buying a carbon 15 I tried my best to talk him into building his own or just buying a better quality gun but he had made up his mind and got it anyway. Last weekend he asked me to go to the range to see if I could figure out why his gun jams (fte).. lol
__________________

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.


Last edited by cfraga1978; 01-12-2012 at 03:54 PM.
cfraga1978 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mjkeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Wichita,Kansas
Posts: 4,026
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum05 View Post
Well when you have a couple of buddies that are in the gun trade for long time and tell ya that B.M makes good guns, kinda take their word for it.. Maybe they do but not carbons obviously
I understand. Walk into most gun shops and they'll tell you all sorts of things. Rarely will you get any good information.
__________________

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."
mjkeat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Akron,Ohio
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I understand. Walk into most gun shops and they'll tell you all sorts of things. Rarely will you get any good information.
I agree. Our local shop wont say anything bad about any wepon in there shop. I think they fear not selling. I have since done a ton of research on here and other sights before I buy anything.
__________________
Dusty123 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Stag Arms 2TL vegasjeepguy AR-15 Discussion 37 07-18-2012 03:56 PM
bought a new stag arms m 4 jjfuller1 AR-15 Discussion 2 06-09-2011 02:51 AM
Which 20" upper: Stag vs RRA jamesb AR-15 Discussion 12 04-20-2011 04:56 AM
Any upper will fit Bushmaster or Stag lower? territup AR-15 Discussion 9 04-19-2011 01:10 PM
Stag Arms Samhain AR-15 Discussion 3 04-11-2008 08:19 PM