stag arms plus package
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > stag arms plus package

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
jj1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default stag arms plus package

looking at getting a stag arms 2TL and was wondering if it was worth getting the plus package kind of new to the ar rifles but one of the main differences is you get a 1-7 twist barrell instead of 1-9 here are what they list as the plus package for $100 more

4150 barrel steel chrome lined
- 1/7 Twist rifling
- M4 feed ramps
- Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
- M-16 Bolt Carrier
- Heavy (H) buffer assembly
- One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What ammo are you planning on shooting?

Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #3

Liked 765 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1 View Post
looking at getting a stag arms 2TL and was wondering if it was worth getting the plus package kind of new to the ar rifles but one of the main differences is you get a 1-7 twist barrell instead of 1-9 here are what they list as the plus package for $100 more

4150 barrel steel chrome lined
- 1/7 Twist rifling
- M4 feed ramps
- Individually MP & HP tested and marked Bolt & Barrel
- M-16 Bolt Carrier
- Heavy (H) buffer assembly
- One extra 30rd USGI Magazine (two total)*
Personally, I would pay the extra $100 for the MPI and HP testing of the barrel and bolt, M4 ramps and full auto BCG...1:7 twist versus 1:9 alone, not so much unless I was planning on sending heavy rounds long distances.

Are all the options above available only on the plus package? Some builders will do the true mil spec MPI and HP testing on every barrel and bolt and use the M4 extension on all their products. Of course the price may be equal to what you plan to pay for the STAG which is no slouch in the quality dept.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1153 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 691

the heavy buffer and extra mag are probly a good 40 dollar value easy. id say go for the plus package.

i own a stag model 4 and love it. i have added a custom heavy buffer for it and have been very happy. stag makes pretty top notch stuff, and also has a great lifetime warranty

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #5

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

If you're gonna go Stag (rofl) that $100 package is definately worth the premium to me.....if only for the lifetime warranty. They do have really good CS.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 01-30-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #6

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ive had my Stag model 2 for a few years now, its been 100% reliable. I have nothing bad to say about it

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #7

Liked 1036 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1033

Well you get a lot for that extra $100 but I guess the question is how much is the bottom line cost and how does it compare to other brands.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'll go back to my original question, what type of ammo are you planning to run? There's a stability issue with a 1/7 vs 1/9 twist rate. Stag makes a nice gun, worked on quite a few, my question was regarding the twist. Are you shooting 70 grain match rounds?

Old 01-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

It makes no sense to me that they are charging people EXTRA to do what others like BCM do as standard. It's BS that these manufacturers do this and that people actually let them.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #10

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical
I'll go back to my original question, what type of ammo are you planning to run? There's a stability issue with a 1/7 vs 1/9 twist rate. Stag makes a nice gun, worked on quite a few, my question was regarding the twist. Are you shooting 70 grain match rounds?
I think that the 1:9 twist is the perfect medium

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis