stag arms model 3g
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > stag arms model 3g

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default stag arms model 3g

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a new stag arms model 3g for 3 gun competition. Can anyone who owns one give me some feedback on it? Want to know if I made a good choice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm a firm believer in asking for advice before purchasing something.

It looks to have a bunch of nice accessories but it doesn't give any info on the important stuff.

I don't know if it was the guy in the video or the AR but it sure didn't seem very smooth.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Last edited by mjkeat; 12-06-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #3

Liked 277 Times on 219 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Hope your shoots better than the one in guns&ammo mag.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #4

I would have to agree with mj.

I'm not sure about the stag part, because I don't have a Stag, but my Spikes rifle is set up almost exactly like that, minus the offset sights. I can say that the stock and hand guard are awesome, my rifle has both.

Most people I've talked to are happy with their Stag, so hopefully you will be too.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessal2003 View Post
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a new stag arms model 3g for 3 gun competition. Can anyone who owns one give me some feedback on it? Want to know if I made a good choice.
I shoot on just about everyday. They are great!

Are you planning to use one for competition or something else? Feel free to holler at me if you need any help getting setup for 3 gun.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #6

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

SHOW OFF ><

nice shoot btw

Old 02-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #7

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtischauser

I shoot on just about everyday. They are great!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3g0yZiFDkw

Are you planning to use one for competition or something else? Feel free to holler at me if you need any help getting setup for 3 gun.
Yeah...looks like you need to speed up your pistol there, Molasses!!

Just kidding...that was awesome. Do you know if they do any 3gun around Tulsa? I shoot at Red Castle, and I haven't seen anything in the newsletters. Lots of shotgun/cowboy/ LR silos....but no 3G.

I'd like to check it out in person, I'm 2/3 there as far as weaponry but I haven't a clue as to where to go and watch/try as a first timer.

PM if you wanna reply, I don't want to COMPLETELY hijack the thread.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

jti, great shooting. One question, how much of your Stag is stock and how much of it has been worked over or modified? Is that the exact same rifle that can be picked up at a LGS?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Awesome job! I would say more but don't want to get off topic.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
jti, great shooting. One question, how much of your Stag is stock and how much of it has been worked over or modified? Is that the exact same rifle that can be picked up at a LGS?
Sorry for not responding sooner. I guess my instant notifications aren't so instant.

I have modified my rifle some to fit me. I use an ACE Socom Stock. I get a better cheek weld with it. They angled sides of the MagPul ACS dosen't agree with my bone structure. I use a low mass bolt carrier and buffer along with an adjustable gas block to further knock down the recoil and muzzle movement. It's not a big difference but you notice it when you shoot 10's of thousands of rounds. I changed out the magpul plastic grip to an ERGO ruber grip. I just like the feel of rubber more than plastic. Plus I have fairly large hands so the ERGO Deluxe gives me more to hold onto. I use a really loud comp called the titan as well. I run a LOKI Weapon Systems Nickel Boron coated bolt too. LOKI sponsored me prior to Stag Arms so its my way of saying thans to them and the Nickel Boron coating makes cleaning the bolt really easy.

I am sure I will change out parts monthly. I can't seem to leave well enough alone. My teammate Kalani Laker runs a stock gun with the exception of his compensator which is a Rolling Thunder.

My Videos

Accurate Iron Custom STI Edge 5 | Accurate Iron Benelli M2 Shotgun | Stag Arms Model 3G | Accurate Iron Glock 34 | Accurate Iron Glock 35 | DPMS Panther LR 308