Stag arms JUNK!??? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 02:51 AM   #81
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Need translator

Funny, everywhere else I've been, "Gaijin" mean "not human" or "other than human".

With these revelations my world begins to.......

Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #82

I just ordered a new Stagarms, and I feel confident I'm getting a quality rifle, I have several friends that own Stags and love them, they've been shooting them for years now and couldn't be happier with there rifles, in fact in past years I haven't heard any one complain about there Stags, that's what convinced me to go with them, I'm sure your problem can be taken care of, like others have said give Stagarms a call, I've heard there customer service is tops also.

Looking forward to getting mine

tEN wOLVES

Shoot Straight, and Live to fight another day.

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40

Last edited by tENwOLVES; 10-07-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrugod View Post
bought one few days ago, a4 style. cleaned and oiled it. every single shell would stick in the barrel without ejecting and i had to go get a nice stiff rod to get them all out.
so i oiled the living sht out of it, and it worked for about a hundred rounds, and then bang, same issue. had to clean it, and dump it full of oil for it to work again. while this is going on, sometimes the thing has to be operated in bolt action, as the bolt wont go back all the way to get the next round. this happens about ten percent of the time. is stag junk, or did i just get a bad one?
is there a brand i can just to buy and clean and oil like a normal gun and have it function? at this point id rather have an sks
from what I know, They make good stuff and a friend told me in the past that they had great customer service... Try different ammo and if no results, contact the Manufacturer. They might even throw in some free mags

Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #84

Default Ammo

Quote:
it is steel cased ammo (wolf). barrel is 556 nato. i had a colt years ago before it got banned in my state, and that thing never had a problem with the wolf stuff. i guess maybe i just got a bad one. im gonna take it to stag on wednesday (they are right around the corner).
I had ran across that same problem once. I took out my bran new Stag AR and used Wolf ammo. After about 50 rounds or so one got stuck in the chamber. I took it home and removed it; cleaned and oiled. The next weekend I went back out with nato 5.56 brass and it shot great. In fact I had not had that problem again. Wolf worked fine in my Mini 30 but I will never shoot it in my AR again. It's best to pay the extra dime per round.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #85

Stag Arms models 3 and 8 here , both work flawlessly, these are well made firearms

Old 04-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #86

Default ammo

Guys, can I just say one thing, I dont care if you can fire .223 in a 5.56 chambered rifle, if your rifle has 5.56 stamped on it or .223, use what is specified. When I served in the Corps, we gave our rifles a girls name. Why, so it would become a part of us and us a part of her. We dont get to fire a shot until the 6th or 7th week, in the meantime, from about the end of the first week going into the second week of boot, we were issued our rifles and man I couldn't tell you how many times we took them apart, cleaned them and put them back together again. We had to get to know our girl. From our drill insrructors (two of my DI's were snipers and one was Force Recon) to the range officer and reange sergant, DONT use any ammo that your rifle/handgun isn't specd to fire. This means .223 in 5.56 or 7.62 NATO in a .308. You get the idea. So, take it from the guys who have been in the business of defending our country fro a few hundred years now. Sure, you may get a way with it for awhile and maybe you wont, sooner or later your girl will complain (malfunction) if you don't give her waht she wants. So, date your girl, love her and care for her as how she wants to be. Give her her 5.56 if she calls for it, giver her 7.62 NATO if she calls for it. God bless and may God continue to bless the Marine Corps!!! OOORRRAAAHHH!!!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #87

Quote:
bought one few days ago, a4 style. cleaned and oiled it. every single shell would stick in the barrel without ejecting and i had to go get a nice stiff rod to get them all out.
so i oiled the living sht out of it, and it worked for about a hundred rounds, and then bang, same issue. had to clean it, and dump it full of oil for it to work again. while this is going on, sometimes the thing has to be operated in bolt action, as the bolt wont go back all the way to get the next round. this happens about ten percent of the time. is stag junk, or did i just get a bad one?
is there a brand i can just to buy and clean and oil like a normal gun and have it function? at this point id rather have an sks
BACK UP COWBOY

First, and everybody else has said this, WOLF is crap. Next do one thing for me. Pull the BCG. Pull the firing pin retainer pin, Pull the firing pin. Rotate the Bolt cam lock (or what ever it is called) 90* and remove it. Pull the bolt.

CLOSELY inspect the gas rings. IF any of the gaps are lined up or maybe even all three, that will cause this problem. The ring are like the ring on your car's pistons. If they are not gapped and installed correctly, NO compression. No compression in an AR means No Ejecty!!!

Rotate the rings so they are evenly spaced around the bolt. Re-install it all go to the range and shoot some NON Crap ammo. THEN report.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #88
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Stag Arms

I've been with Roxy (Mdl-1) for about three years. I've had one incident of broken case. That was at about 100 rounds. Been perfect ever since. There is a tool for removeing broken cases. Only costs a few dollars. I keep one in my pistol-grip jic...... Don't hear much negative about Stags. Clean her, don't feed her eastern block ammo. Those Steel cases are usually covered with varnish. Previous posts are the results. I've settled on ATI 62gr. Clean, and groups tighter than green-tip. Hoped to get chrono'd some day. Devil-Dog said it. Treat her like a lady and she'll be real sweet. Treat her like a sick whore, and she'll be that! Usually at the most inconvienient time!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #89

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I'd do more diagnostics before blaming steel case. It really does work well in most ARs. I have no problems with it especially the price.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #90

well it might, but like I said, there are some slight variations in casing that may cause issues with the runds causing barrel pressure which can cause your barrel to eventually crack and Gd forbid rupture and blow. To each his own, all I can say is play it safe, 5.56 is all thats going into my Stag model 1. I prefer Federal M193 5.56. Hey if its good for the Corps, its good for me