Stag arms JUNK!??? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #71
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Let's play nice, kids.

Threads are kept around for reference and there's nothing wrong with posting to an old thread, particularly if new information has come to light or a new question comes up.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:58 AM   #72
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by d30gaijin View Post
Is there something not helpful about telling the OP to check with Stag? I have emailed them (Stag) several times with questions about my Stag carbine. They have been very responsive and helpful. They will certainly tell you what they think about Wolf ammo in their firearms (and no I don't know what their answer will be because that was not a question I have ever asked them).

"Outside Person?" Does one have to be some sort of "Inside Person" to post here? How do I get to be an "Inside Person"... never mind I don't think I want to know. If I am not politically correct enough for you then I am probably in the wrong forum. If you want PC go to whitehouse.gov for all the pc you can handle.

So shoot me for my opinion since it doesn't match your perception...
Dude, it is right there in your name Gaijin it means "Outside Person" in Japanese, You chose it not me.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Dude, it is right there in your name Gaijin it means "Outside Person" in Japanese, You chose it not me.
Yes, from other than Japan i.e., with regard to a non-Japanese person on Japan sacred soil. Is this forum Japan?

The name was given to me a long time ago. Understand given? I didn't choose it, although I was honored to receive it because it was given with affection.

Nice stretch but it isn't working.

Now, back to our regular programming...

Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #74

Default I have a Stag Model 6L on order

The Gun Shop is suppose to get it tomorrow. Being a Leftie, I am glad that Stag makes a left hand versus. That is why I like Glock Pistols and own a Glock 21 and Glock 30. I am taking a Concealed Carry Class on Nov 14th and I have been thinking about getting a Model 36 as my carry gun. I have put this off for a long time, but I figure it is time to get my CCW permit. I use to use the excuse that I didn't want anyone to have my finger prints, but since I have never committed a Felony, I figure why not.
I also own a special Left hand 30-06 Savage and a special left hand CZ-American 22LR. I also own a Marlin lever action 35cal, and several ruger 10/22's that I have modified for accuracy, but they don't come closs to the CZ, that I only added a match trigger to.
I have hunted with my older brother since I was 9, and we still hunt, plan on a big Deer hunt soon.
I hope my Stag will be accurate.
marcus40

Old 12-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #75

I have a DPMS AR15. I shoot hundreds of Wolf, 55g. HP .223REM Steel Case through it and have never had a problem. I can't sware to it, but I do not think that it's laqured. I shoot 2 MOA or less all day with it. Yes, the ammo is "dirty," but a wise man once told me that AR's crap where they eat anyway.

Last edited by afi1; 12-14-2009 at 08:35 AM.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #76
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Caution....

Ditto on the steel case ammo. Cooler temps make the problem worse in AR's. I started with PMC. It's a little dirty, but the nice clean brass ejects flawlessly and it's very inexpensive..

Old 12-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #77

Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrugod View Post
it is steel cased ammo (wolf). barrel is 556 nato. i had a colt years ago before it got banned in my state, and that thing never had a problem with the wolf stuff. i guess maybe i just got a bad one. im gonna take it to stag on wednesday (they are right around the corner).
To date, after 12 years my DCM will not eject Wolf ammo. I don't use Wolf at all.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:27 AM   #78

I would guess the ammo. me i will never run wolf in any gun i own. but i guess i am one sided on the issue of wolf.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #79

Default Stag arms model 5 / 6.8 Rem-SPC

I bought this junk 3 weeks ago, it got stuck with live round all the time, had to take a screw drive and through mag port pry the bolt open. It also shots all over the place. Sent it back and got new upper, jamming is fixed, but accuracy sucks. At hundred yards, best group 7 inches. 1st shot from cold barrel is always 5-8 inches high, barrel get hot fast, I mean by 3rd shot and the my BB gun gives me a better accuracy. I have used every ammo that is out there in 110 Gr, and nothing much changes.

Stag tells me the worst grouping I get it should be around 2 inches, so before I try to sell this junk with big loss, can anyone give me any suggestions.

Thanks,

Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 AM   #80
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Sorry to hear that.

I am a Stag owner(Mdl-1 in 223). I haven't had that type of problem. They are a pretty stable company, I believe in their product.(for what it's worth)
I can only start from the basics of any rifle.
1. How familiar are you with AR's/ Have you had formal training?
2. What kind/type of ammo are you using? Some popular ammo (Eastern Bloc) may leave deposits in your chamber/bore, that could cause a sticky-situation.
3. If it's a new barrel, did you follow a break-in procedure? There are several suggestions in this and other discussions. I just cleaned and shot. Cleaned and shot. New barrels are erattic at first.
The rest may not apply.
I used good 55gr ammo.(PMC at the time) I now use mil surplus 62gr grn-tip. My accuracy has been good. I'm actually surprised! 2" groups at 100yds/bench/bi-pod/scope, has been the norm. I'm no expert target shooter. I have had things go wrong, but Stag did help over phone, e-mail etc.
I hope things work out.....