Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Stag makes excellent quality ARs. I have had two uppers from them in the past and both performed perfectly.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #62

Old, new what's the point? If it's an annoyance, don't click on it. Personally, I am allways interested in follow ups regardless of the age of the posting. Nice to know that Stag is still on top of their game, and no one else is slamming them. If you don't own a stag, and don't care to own one, don't come in.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrand45 View Post
Old, new what's the point? If it's an annoyance, don't click on it. Personally, I am allways interested in follow ups regardless of the age of the posting. Nice to know that Stag is still on top of their game, and no one else is slamming them. If you don't own a stag, and don't care to own one, don't come in.
Amen brother!

Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 AM   #64

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by d30gaijin View Post
Amen brother!
This from the person who had to dig deep to bring up a dead thread??? Easy to defend the poor etiquette when it was you who did it. If you are new to forums, you let dead threads lie. If not, here's a reminder, LET DEAD THREADS LIE. If there is something new you want to say about, say, Stag Arms. Post a new thread. I am definitely into good info, but just follow standard internet/forum protocol.

Thanks and I look forward to new posts/threads from you.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #65

Etiquette? If it's against forum rules to comment on old threads, they should be locked down and made inaccesable for comment after a predetermined period of time by the mods or admins. I just went through the forum rules again, and found no mention of violations for replies to old threads. Usually, asking a redundant question brings flaming and rude remarks for NOT doing a search. How is starting a pising match over an old thread making it any better?

Old 10-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #66

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Stag Arms

Have had a new AR15 from Stag arms (3HL - Leftie) and have been out with it twice. Put about 100 rounds through it the first time, cleaning, lubing, etc. Went out again yesterday, put another 100 rounds through, some new PMC, some reloads from a local guy. All brass, no steel or bi-metal. No misfires, no misfeeds. It is now sighted in (was not even close when I got it.) and it will print nice tight 3 round groups - love it. Ii am shooting both 5.56 and .223 loads, some noticeable felt recoil difference, no difference in operation or accuray. I LOVE THIS WEAPON. I was weened on an M-14 over 40 years ago then give the original m-16 (no 3 round burts on full auto). Now I have my own - California version. I will check back in a couple thousand rounds and give a report.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebrand45 View Post
Etiquette? If it's against forum rules to comment on old threads, they should be locked down and made inaccesable for comment after a predetermined period of time by the mods or admins. I just went through the forum rules again, and found no mention of violations for replies to old threads. Usually, asking a redundant question brings flaming and rude remarks for NOT doing a search. How is starting a pising match over an old thread making it any better?
There's a difference between etiquette and rules. It's not against the law to burp in someones face, but most people don't do it because it's bad etiquette.

This is a direct quote from the FTF Newcomer's Guide:

"2. Check the date of the thread you are reading. It’s in bad taste to resurrect old threads (no entries in many months) unless you have something beneficial to add. Posting in these old threads brings them to the top – and we’ve all seen them before. If you found some info you were looking for – great – but no need to post that you found it. If a new question arises, start a new thread."

I have seen no new info on this thread since about the second page. This is the jist of every post: "I have a stag and it works great! Must be the ammo." That statement can be applied to probably 3/4 of the posts in this thread.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here's a thread just begging to be closed.

TXnorton

Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
Here's a thread just begging to be closed.
Quoted for truth.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
This from the person who had to dig deep to bring up a dead thread???
Dig deep? Are you ****ting me? I did a simple forum search for Stag and that thread came up front and center. Pardon me if I didn't back date my ass to suit you. I have been on tons of forums, all with their own little idiosyncrasies, but never found a forum (before now) that didn't invite comment on any and all posts, in fact the majority of forums invite resurrection of older post for update purposes.

As Firebrand45 succinctly put it, "If it's against forum rules to comment on old threads, they should be locked down and made inaccesable for comment after a predetermined period of time by the mods or admins."

In other words, get over it.