Stag arms JUNK!??? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

i had the same problem (ammo) with one of my bushmasters (pistol)...it was so picky about the ammo i fed it that i took it back to the place i bought it and asked them if theyre gunsmith could look it over and find out what the problem was with this 1000dollar carbon fiber junk!when the smith asked me what was wrong with it & i told him it wouldnt chamber a single round of my ammo and i tried 4 diffrent brands...he took the gun and dropped the mag out,loaded some nice federal ammo into it...no probs! it chambered and popped off 10rds as fast as he could pull the trigger...so i felt like a douch and really learned a valuable lesson that day...dont bash something that you might think you know all about..keep an open mind and always know that even though you got an answer for everything and know it all,there is always someone out there that has forgot more then you'll ever know

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #52

Likes Given: 1

Man that was alot of reading! Fortunately I have a bolt gun in .223 so if the Wolf ever decides not to run in my Stag, at least I have something else that can eat it. HaHa. Talking about passion! Some of you got really twisted over this one. Fun reading

Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #53

I have shot at least 10,000 rounds of Wolf ammo over the past few years and never had a problem with functionality. I shoot it in Glocks, 1911's, AK's, AR's and Mini 14's. I hate the steel case and I hate the laquer but they always feed, fire and eject. My only complaint is that the target always looks like it was used to pattern buckshot. I can't get good groups with Wolf at all.

Old 10-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #54

Default ammo

not a expert by no means, do not write reviews, but my experance with wolf ammo in bushmaster ar15 has not been any worst than any other ammo. i like to bump fire my ar (30 rd mags) back to back usely 4 mags per session 2-3 mags at tactial positions, then 4 mags bumping total 6-7 mags 1-2 times a week

Old 10-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #55

Why won't this thread die?!?!?!

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #56

Default Die??

It's dead.Fred !!

Old 10-25-2009, 02:27 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
NIce, Outside Person your first post is in a five month old thread. I thought I was going to find some helpful info that added to all that was said and I find nothing, but my time wasted. Thank You and please go over and introduce yourself.
Is there something not helpful about telling the OP to check with Stag? I have emailed them (Stag) several times with questions about my Stag carbine. They have been very responsive and helpful. They will certainly tell you what they think about Wolf ammo in their firearms (and no I don't know what their answer will be because that was not a question I have ever asked them).

"Outside Person?" Does one have to be some sort of "Inside Person" to post here? How do I get to be an "Inside Person"... never mind I don't think I want to know. If I am not politically correct enough for you then I am probably in the wrong forum. If you want PC go to whitehouse.gov for all the pc you can handle.

The OP came on here and basically attempted to trash Stag without ever
contacting them first. I find that appalling and an actual waste of time i.e., exhaust all resources before getting on a forum and bitching about a manufacturer, especially if one doesn't know what the heck they're talking about, which it seems the OP didn't.

So shoot me for my opinion since it doesn't match your perception...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikedmike View Post
It's dead.Fred !!
Feedback from the grave?

Old 10-25-2009, 05:26 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by d30gaijin View Post
Is there something not helpful about telling the OP to check with Stag? I have emailed them (Stag) several times with questions about my Stag carbine. They have been very responsive and helpful. They will certainly tell you what they think about Wolf ammo in their firearms (and no I don't know what their answer will be because that was not a question I have ever asked them).

"Outside Person?" Does one have to be some sort of "Inside Person" to post here? How do I get to be an "Inside Person"... never mind I don't think I want to know. If I am not politically correct enough for you then I am probably in the wrong forum. If you want PC go to whitehouse.gov for all the pc you can handle.

The OP came on here and basically attempted to trash Stag without ever
contacting them first. I find that appalling and an actual waste of time i.e., exhaust all resources before getting on a forum and bitching about a manufacturer, especially if one doesn't know what the heck they're talking about, which it seems the OP didn't.

So shoot me for my opinion since it doesn't match your perception...
It's not that, it's just that all of the OP's posts were on this thread, and he hasn't posted since 7/12. He's gone. Pretty much everyone knows Stag makes quality stuff and everyone who didn't know would have after they read everyone responses. Just in the future, check the date of thread before you post on them. No point in bringing up old dead threads. And it's not just you, someone posted on this one before you, but it keeps being brought up when it's 3 months old and the OP has been gone for that long. It just gets annoying after a while.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 10-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #60

Default Stag Not Junk

I just sold my Stag 2T (M4 style). I NEVER had a failure to eject, failure to fire or hang up in all the rounds I put through it. I always used Federal, Winchester, Remington or Hornady ammunition. I think your problem is the Wolf ammo. Check with Stag on your problem.

On the other hand, I was at the range 2 weeks ago with a friend who was using a Remington .223 bolt rifle andWolf ammo. Approximately 50% of the rounds failed to fire. An incredible failure rate. He was "clicking & ejecting" the unfired rounds so fast I warned him to wait a bit in case he had a slow primer. I don't think the problem was his rifle.