Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #41
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2602 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Wolf is GREAT! I find the occasional loose round at the range and pick it up, take it home and pull the bullet. Load the bullet into an LC case w/24.6 grains of W-748 and send it down range.

I have no resevation about using Wolf ammo in my SKS or AK. These guns were designed to shoot steel cased ammo. I will not trust my expensive weapons in 5.56 or 7.62 NATO to steel cased ammo from any manufacturer.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

If you bought a new car that kept stalling wouldn't you call the dealer or manufacturer and try to have it fixed? Firearms companies are usually pretty good about getting to the bottom of problems associated with their products, they don't want to be associated with 'junk'.

When your company manufactures so many hundreds or thousands of units per month, there is bound to be a faulty one in there somewhere. Maybe this one is just the bad egg in the batch.

As for Wolf being the problem, I agree with the poster who said Wolf ammo is no longer laqcuer coated. I use Wolf ammo in most of my guns and have never had this problem with any of them.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 01-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #43

Default Stag Arms

I own a left hand model Stag and never ever had a problem with malfunctions. It was mentioned that Noveski AR's are one of the best aqnd also one of the most expensive. I called Noveski about their left hand models and they told me thay use the Stag Arms upper. In that case it must be a decent rifle. In fact i'm goint to buy the new 6.8 long barrel version Model 7.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #44

If you want to shoot Wolf or Silver Bear, buy an extra buffer spring and cut 3 or 4 coils off. Be sure to put your original spring back before shooting Mil spec ammo.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #45
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2602 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 202

If you want to shot Wolf or Silver Bear get an AK in 5.56. Shooting cheap ammo in an AR is like filling your Corvette tank with 87 octane. Will it get you where you are going? Sure. Will it damage the engine? Probably.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #46

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Shooting cheap ammo in an AR is like filling your Corvette tank with 87 octane. Will it get you where you are going? Sure. Will it damage the engine? Probably.
If this is true, then the Jenos pizza will break the oven, but the Tonys products will print better at 150 yards.

As for the FTF and FTE problems, I have only been hearing of this in the STAG guns.

I have a Custom Build AR, made of top quality parts RRA upper,lower and BCG, YHM furniture, VLTOR block, LMT SOPMOD stock, White Oak 16" stainless fluted bull bbl. Eotech, Hogue, Tango Down, and Surefire accesories.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/logan_sell/100_1730.jpg

Feeds Wolf poly-coat just fine. It even feeds 90 rounds of it as fast as you can feed it.

My Oly Arms A2 eats it just fine too.

I think the Stag chamber tolerances are held tighter than most other makers.
Easy fix is to adequately clean the chamber after use of poly or laquer coated ammo.

Chamber brush and carb cleaner is best suited for this exercise. Scrub till clean, shoot, enjoy.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:03 AM   #47

Default Late To The Party

The problem is you don't know what the heck you doing or talking about. "Shells" are for shotguns. Read the manual and use the manufacturer's suggested ammunition or call them before you get on-line and do a general condemnation of their product. A Stag Arms 15 is not a "gun" it is a weapon (guns ride on naval ships)... and what is a "...normal gun?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrugod View Post
bought one few days ago, a4 style. cleaned and oiled it. every single shell would stick in the barrel without ejecting and i had to go get a nice stiff rod to get them all out.
so i oiled the living sht out of it, and it worked for about a hundred rounds, and then bang, same issue. had to clean it, and dump it full of oil for it to work again. while this is going on, sometimes the thing has to be operated in bolt action, as the bolt wont go back all the way to get the next round. this happens about ten percent of the time. is stag junk, or did i just get a bad one?
is there a brand i can just to buy and clean and oil like a normal gun and have it function? at this point id rather have an sks

Old 10-21-2009, 12:49 AM   #48

shrugod, sounds like you bought a cheap air soft and mistaken it as a STAG.
Stag isnt junk so it must just be you. Im sorry.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:05 AM   #49
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

NIce, Outside Person your first post is in a five month old thread. I thought I was going to find some helpful info that added to all that was said and I find nothing, but my time wasted. Thank You and please go over and introduce yourself.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #50

There's a big shot born every minute, one foud his way here....
Here is what I do know. Stag rifles are superb weapons right out of the box, and will hold their own with any non custom shop AR made. The customer support is excellent, and they will do their best to make any issue right. As far as Wolf ammo is concerned, I have put thousands of rounds of it through my Stag, and rarely have had any feed or ejection jams. Certainly not the most accurate ammo by a long shot, but for - 100 yd shooting, It works just fine.

Last edited by firebrand45; 10-22-2009 at 10:15 PM.