Stag arms JUNK!??? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #161
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Not that I'm trying to diagnose your condition, but take a chance, and shoot a full length AR. What I found is that the recoil of the shorter length gas (Carbine) system does give a heavier and noticeable thud. The full-length gas system(20") seems to dissipate most of the recoil energy, and thus is reduced to just a "wiggle" in your hand.

ARMY VET - DV - NRA Life Member - Holmesburg Fish & Game
Artillery lends a bit of dignity to what otherwise would be just a savage brawl......

Old 01-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #162

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I thank you for your concern & suggestion. But, my second surgery will involve plates and bolts connecting the top of my spine(T-1) to bottom of the neck bone (C-7). ANY jarring of this region of my neck would create a risk that I'm not willing to take. We were hoping that the 1st surgery would have been enough to correct the problem of the pain in my neck, but it wasn't meant to be. Fishing will still be O.K. though, because it seems that all I can catch are little fish anyway. And thank you VERY much for your service to my country!! R.D. Grey - U.S.M.C.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #163

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab View Post
Not that I'm trying to diagnose your condition, but take a chance, and shoot a full length AR. What I found is that the recoil of the shorter length gas (Carbine) system does give a heavier and noticeable thud. The full-length gas system(20") seems to dissipate most of the recoil energy, and thus is reduced to just a "wiggle" in your hand.
Even a .22 short can create some recoil. I don't think it is worth it in Roadhog's case. If I were in his shoes, I might not even try a WII version. Roadhog, take care of yourself, and peace be with you. Semper Fidelis.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #164

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Roadhog. Guess it's bent elbow pistol shooting from now on. Hmmm, there are AR pistols!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #165

Default Stag Model3 Ar15 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrugod View Post
bought one few days ago, a4 style. cleaned and oiled it. every single shell would stick in the barrel without ejecting and i had to go get a nice stiff rod to get them all out.
so i oiled the living sht out of it, and it worked for about a hundred rounds, and then bang, same issue. had to clean it, and dump it full of oil for it to work again. while this is going on, sometimes the thing has to be operated in bolt action, as the bolt wont go back all the way to get the next round. this happens about ten percent of the time. is stag junk, or did i just get a bad one?
is there a brand i can just to buy and clean and oil like a normal gun and have it function? at this point id rather have an sks
I got my stag arms model 3 about 2 and a half years ago and I've put at least 5000 rounds through it with not 1 jam nor malfunction not even failure to eject. You might have got the 1 out of the bunch cause mines solid and would recommend stag arms to anyone. Its not the best but its far from the worst if you know what I mean, for the price its the best you'll find.imho

Old 04-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #166

Default Stag Model3 Ar15 Owner

First off don't use steel case ammo in any AR15 platform there all aluminum receivers and steel will obviously tear it to pieces after much use. Second I'm a proud owner of a stag arms model 3 for almost 2 1/2 years now and there not even close to junk. I've put over 5000 rounds through with not 1 jam,malfunction, failure to feed or eject. If you take care of your rifle it will take care of you. Also got a aim point pro on it and after 2 1/2 years and I'd say 7000 rounds I can still shoot 3 moa groups at 100yards with a 2moa reticle easily. IMHO stag arms makes great quality firearms.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:13 AM   #167

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I had a Stag Arms 2T, never had a problem with the weapon or any ammo, it ate it all. My son is now the proud owner.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 04-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #168

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Holy necropost Batman.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #169

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrang518 View Post
First off don't use steel case ammo in any AR15 platform there all aluminum receivers and steel will obviously tear it to pieces after much use. Second I'm a proud owner of a stag arms model 3 for almost 2 1/2 years now and there not even close to junk. I've put over 5000 rounds through with not 1 jam,malfunction, failure to feed or eject. If you take care of your rifle it will take care of you. Also got a aim point pro on it and after 2 1/2 years and I'd say 7000 rounds I can still shoot 3 moa groups at 100yards with a 2moa reticle easily. IMHO stag arms makes great quality firearms.
I use steel ammo; have for years with no more ftf issues than brass. I got rifles with tens of thousands of steel rounds through them. I wouldn't think Stag would be a picky eater.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #170

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

This is proably OBE now since the OP was years ago.. But for what its worth, in 2008 I also had a Stag and it did also have a weak extractor spring also failing to eject especially Wolf Ammo.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix