Stag arms JUNK!??? - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
It's ok except I'd move it as far to the rear as you can so more rail is exposed for an RDS later.

Also a dirtier blanket would be better! A white background makes it hard to get a good picture - for example there's no detail in your picture. Try much darker next time so your flash isn't fooled. You should be able to read the serial number in the picture for insurance purposes.
Duly noted. thanks for the tips. The old lady is the photographer/accountant. havent quite figured out how to justify the new purchase in her world yet.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #152

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

wrong post

Last edited by cakesterkiller; 03-17-2012 at 02:20 AM.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #153

DPMS all day just dont buy the cheap one

Old 03-17-2012, 02:21 AM   #154

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesterkiller
DPMS all day just dont buy the cheap one
How about their cheaply made expensive ARs?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #155

yeah those are fine

Old 03-17-2012, 02:28 AM   #156

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesterkiller
yeah those are fine
Why do you recommend DPMS?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #157

ive put over 10000 rounds through mine and never had a single malfunction.... the one draw back that i dont like alot is the fit between the upper and lower receivers.... but a 3.00 dollar accuwedge buffer solved that problem perfectly

Old 01-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #158

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default No problems with mine !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrugod View Post
bought one few days ago, a4 style. cleaned and oiled it. every single shell would stick in the barrel without ejecting and i had to go get a nice stiff rod to get them all out.
so i oiled the living sht out of it, and it worked for about a hundred rounds, and then bang, same issue. had to clean it, and dump it full of oil for it to work again. while this is going on, sometimes the thing has to be operated in bolt action, as the bolt wont go back all the way to get the next round. this happens about ten percent of the time. is stag junk, or did i just get a bad one?
is there a brand i can just to buy and clean and oil like a normal gun and have it function? at this point id rather have an sks
Bought my 1st AR-15. Lowest price one they had in the rack. A Stag 5.56mm. Shot O.K., no problems. Then I heard about the 300 backout. Bought an A.R. Stoner 16" stainless steel barrel, 5R, 1 in 8 twist, free floated the barrel, dropped in a Timney single stage 3lb. pull trigger. Put 50 rounds of David Tubb's bullets down the barrel. Cuts the same hole at 100 yards strapped to a lead sled with Hornady 110 grain V-Max handloads - 19.6 gr. H 110, Federal Premium Small Rifle Match Primer#GM205M.
sunp0001.jpg   1128121155.jpg  

Last edited by Roadhog; 01-03-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:56 AM   #159
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Congrats! Looks like a happy couple. How's that shoot? One ragged hole under lab conditions is great! How's it work under real world conditions, is a little more practical....

ARMY VET - DV - NRA Life Member - Holmesburg Fish & Game
Artillery lends a bit of dignity to what otherwise would be just a savage brawl......

Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #160

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sad reality in the real world !!

The reason that I went with the AR-15 was because of my declining health. After I had an accident that required me to have a disc replaced in my neck, the surgeon "advised me" to never shoot a shoulder weapon that had a lot of recoil or I'd be back on the operating table. My neck will always be "weak" at that point. So I sold the trusty old 12 gauge pump & .270 bolt action. Believe it or not the AR-15 still had more recoil than my neck could tolerate. Hence the 300 Blackout was built with several recoil reducing features built in as a safety measure. Now I'm being told that I will be undergoing yet ANOTHER disc replacement surgery this summer after this last one finishes healing. I will NEVER be able to give you a report on how this fine weapon behaves under "real world conditions" as you put it. I would assume that it will behave just fine seeing as how I installed quality aftermarket parts. So, after much time & money invested it too will be going onto the chopping block. Anyone interested??