Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag arms JUNK!???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I dont believe the newer wolf ammo is laquer coated , I know the steel cased bear and tiger ammo are but I dont believe the wolf or tula steel cased are laquered like those.

Im going to say your gun has too heavy of a buffer in it and its causing your short cycle problems

That or it's a chamber problem. There's been a lot of talk about RRAs and Stags and out of spec chambers on another forum.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Your AR is a bolt action yet you still claim it is quality? I wouldn't be able to trust the thing ever after a fiasco like that.

Better rounds? You were using some of the most commonly used stuff.

You are correct.
i have to treat it like a bolt action because it wont pick up the next round not that it is a bolt action. and yes it is well used ammo so prob something mechanically wrong with it

Last edited by Benzo; 03-01-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #133

well i ran some federal 556 rounds thru it 55gr. and got about 5 rounds off in a row with a couple of the magazines then back to same problem. also tried a few mags with penetrater 62gr. and didnt help. Took back to Bravo arms and they oiled the crap out of it and told me to try again and take it back if prob persists. Thinkin something is mechanically wrong with it now. Guess i'll try again soon. Thanks yall

Old 03-02-2012, 02:38 AM   #134
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It shoots, but doesn't cycle, I may understand. Still no mention of the rings staggered or not(bad/unstaggered/missing rings can also cause short-stroke). The rings seal gas inside of the bcg. The more gas, the more the bcg will move(that is after it unlocks). Yours doesn't even unlock? Is your gas tube/block intact?
If you look inside of you upper, right above the chamber area, there should be a sliver-greyish tube, which runs from there, under the handguards, and then to the gas-block right behind the frt sight.
If there's anything worse, send it back! If there are problems of that magnitude.
OKAY, did anyone try to upgrade it to a piston?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #135

Just purchased a new Stag model 3 with the highly touted factory Diamondhead handguards. Installed a bottom picatinny rail to accomodate vertical handgrip as well as front and rear sights. After install, noticed that the handguards were loose. Consequently the front sight and foregrip would shift laterally about an 1/8 of inch. brought the rifle back to dealer. First time he encountered it he said. Installed new aftermarket quad rail handguards. Now solid as a rock and so far so good. Contacted Stag via email. Returned my email stating that it was normal for "drop in" handguards to be loose and that a front sight shouldnt be installed on the handguard's picatinny rail. Just curious if anyone else has had this problem??

Old 03-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #136

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

I agree with Stag, it's normal for standard handguards to flop around so you'd never add a top rail for the front sight. You need something locked tight to either the barrel or upper receiver.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #137

Quote:
I agree with Stag, it's normal for standard handguards to flop around so you'd never add a top rail for the front sight. You need something locked tight to either the barrel or upper receiver.
I am new to the modern sporting rifle market and thought I did my research. Everyone I talked to and everywhere I looked people were all about the Diamondhead handguards that came factory installed on the Stag Model three. The top picatinny rail is machined into the handguard I believe; if not machined it comes from stag with a rail installed. There are predrilled and tapped holes to mount additional picatinny rails. I just wanted to get word out that if you want picatinny rail accessories that stay rock solid, count on purchasing an aftermarket quadrail after buying your $900 rifle.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #138

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

That's a load of ****! It's "normal" for their factory rails to wobble? Fantastic, why the hell don't they fix that! Just because it's normal and happens a lot doesn't make it right, that's just shoddy quality at its finest. Extended rails are meant to accommodate front sights and be rock solid. I guess if they touted a free float hand guard they would say it was normal for it to put pressure on the barrel every now and again. Ugh.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #139

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgleas

I am new to the modern sporting rifle market and thought I dig my research. Everyone I talked to and everywhere I looked people were all about the Diamondhead handguards that came factory installed on the Stag Model three. The top picatinny rail is machined into the handguard I believe; if not machined it comes from stag with a rail installed. There are predrilled and tapped holes to mount additional picatinny rails. I just wanted to get word out that if you want picatinny rail accessories that stay rock solid, count on purchasing an aftermarket quadrail after buying your $900 rifle.
I'm curious as to who everyone is and where everywhere you looked was because I find the complete opposite to be true about Stag as a whole.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I'm curious as to who everyone is and where everywhere you looked was because I find the complete opposite to be true about Stag as a whole.
I looked at a number of various AR Forums to see what people were saying about Stag, spoke to fellow knowledgeable co-workers who own Stags, albeit earlier models, and obviously the dealer himself who sells numerous makes and models. He started out showing basic models including DPMS and Bushmaster to Del-ton, Armalite, S&W as well as other Stag models. He recently returned from the SHOT show where he stated that he spoke with a stag rep particularly noting the new handguards. Now that the rifle is rock solid it is a blast to shoot and I love it. I guess it just left a sour taste in my mouth that I immediately had to purchase an aftermarket handguard. then to get the response from Stag Customer service that "an 1/8 of and inch movement is normal for drop in handguards. Front sights should not be installed." I feel that when you purchase a brand new Stag fresh from the factory to the dealer with the Diamondhead Handguards, I dont feel they are a drop in component at that point.