Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   STAG Arms AR15 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/stag-arms-ar15-16182/)

dog2000tj 07-27-2009 12:49 PM

STAG Arms AR15

2 Attachment(s)
I've been waiting quite a while to post this up. :( It's not really a build as it is more of an assembly. Last fall I decided to get an AR and get back into shooting/hunting. I settled on a STAG Arms model 3, but no dealer local to me could/would get me one. So I took some advice from some of the members here and decided to get the parts and assemble it myself. :o

I picked up a lower rather quickly online,
Attachment 4819

Then I ordered some parts,
Attachment 4820
Model 3 Complete Upper
6 Position Collapsible Stock
Ergo Grip
RRA NM 2 Stage Trigger
YHM EZ Take Down Pins

So now I need to order the iron sights and red dot scope. I'm going to wait on the magnifier and a new foreguard until after I get her broken in.

I hope to have her assembled and get to the range this weekend. :)

It's Christmas in July :D

RL357Mag 07-27-2009 06:44 PM

Real nice set-up Dog! Let us know how she performs - I am interested in knowing how that upper works out. I see Model 3 uppers advertised in Shotgun News and was wondering how they performed.

Expeditioner 09-01-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 135210)
Real nice set-up Dog! Let us know how she performs - I am interested in knowing how that upper works out. I see Model 3 uppers advertised in Shotgun News and was wondering how they performed.

I have own two STAG's: a Model 1 and a Model 2T. Both have performed well. You get a lot of bang for the buck.

dog2000tj 08-24-2010 02:00 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I completely forgot about this thread ..... :(. So i haven't had a chance to get out and do anything at the range or do anything with my firearms. Until recently ..... i finally got around to getting some parts and made a spur of the moment purchase at a local shop on some optics - local pricing was really good.

So here's a little update on the my STAG AR15 -
1. I had her put her all together,
Attachment 18008

she sat like this - shamefully - because I have not had time to get out and shoot her.

2. Then I got some new parts,
Attachment 18009

some of which I didn't like and some which were not needed. So I got smore.

3. So now I have her finished and ready to shoot,
Attachment 18010
Attachment 18011
Attachment 18012

Now I just need you all to be a little more patient with me since I wont get to the range until Labor Day weekend. I picked up 200rds of 3 manufacturers to do the break in and fine tuning. ;)

CA357 08-24-2010 03:05 AM

Good going dog. We'll wait for the range report and don't forget the pictures. :D

astroman 11-10-2012 02:45 AM

So....? How's does it shoot? I gotta believe that by now you have "broken" her in. I am getting started on my build now...

Mosin 11-10-2012 04:18 PM

Looks good dog. Since no one answered my thread about Stag lowers, I'll take this to mean that the Stag lowers are GTG.

dog2000tj 11-10-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astroman (Post 1008526)
So....? How's does it shoot? I gotta believe that by now you have "broken" her in. I am getting started on my build now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 1009007)
Looks good dog. Since no one answered my thread about Stag lowers, I'll take this to mean that the Stag lowers are GTG.

she runs like a champ considering i treat her like an adopted red header butters ;)

I've got a few range reports on her posted around, one of them is linked in my signature. I have another where I laid waste on some zombie targets I got from one of FTF's vendors :p

Here in VT I try to shoot all year long .. in the snow, rain, mud, whatever. I plan on doing an overhaul on her to fine tune her for what she was built for ... EOTWHSHTFZA battle rifle :cool:

Quentin 11-11-2012 04:37 PM

Dog, somehow I missed this thread the first time. Nice pictures and a nice story! Glad you got it all together like you wanted it. I kinda did the same thing building an ArmaLite from parts.

dog2000tj 11-11-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 1010332)
Dog, somehow I missed this thread the first time. Nice pictures and a nice story! Glad you got it all together like you wanted it. I kinda did the same thing building an ArmaLite from parts.

the rebuild is due to some of the original plans not working out like I had hoped/thought. I've got some ideas and have been doing some research so hopefully when work slows down here at Thanksgiving I can get started on it.