Stag Arms AR 15 Model 1 or Model 2???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag Arms AR 15 Model 1 or Model 2???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Stag Arms AR 15 Model 1 or Model 2???

Okay so I have been reading about AR's and am now looking to buy. Price is a major factor and am seriously considering buying the STAG Arms model 1 A3 16 in.

I am trying to figure out the differnce between the Stag Arms AR15 Model 1 and the Model 2?? As far as I can tell it is only the sights?? Am I correct on this. It also looks like the Model 1 comes with a detahable carry handle and a flat to rail that would allow me to take off the carry handle and put on some optics if I wanted very easily? Am I correct about this??

Anyone have any opinions about the Stag Arms AR 15 Model 1?? I ave read some about the Model 2 and they have been good.

stag-arms.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

The Model 1 has the detachable handle with the integrated rear sight. The Model 2 is a flat-top with a flip-up rear sight. It's a matter of preference.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #3

If you plan to go with optics in future i would go with model 2. It already come with back up iron sights.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #4

I do plan on putting optic on the rifle after I have shot it with the iron sights for a while and figure out what I would want. Looks like on the MOdel 1 I can take that carry handle off and attach a riser and then put on the optics. Not sure what you mean by back up iron sights? Sorry for the stupid question is it just that I am new to this type of rifle.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #5

I prefer the flat top, the carrying handle just seems like an un-needed extra on a tactical weapon, also, when firing from prone I think it is a little more comfortable without the handle,

but it does add that classic AR look

Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Flat top

Me too! I actually went with a Stag upper 3H on mine. Here is the Stag model 3

stag_arms_model3.gif  

Old 04-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #7

Default Stag Arms

I went with the Stag Arms model 3. I qualified on the M-16 and was initially looking for something close to specs.

Looks are deceiving. While a lot of names 'look' like the spec, you have to research their manufacturer's data. I was lazy, but I did find model 3 by Stag. A little underused name in most forums, this company is reliable and adheres to some of the tightest specs as most of their components are in-house. I've accessorized mine with Yankee Hill and Truglo as a 'plinker'. A couple days of research and minimal funds transformed my flat-top into a formidable weapon capable of battle-readiness for a minimal price.

Hold a lot of brands before you buy. It's your 1000$: make sure you're comfortable with it before you trust it.

Jrod

Old 04-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #8

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

If you're getting into the $1000 range take a look at BCM as well. And don't discount building your own - take a look at all the AR build threads here for ideas. This way you can choose every part that goes into your rifle.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #9

I just picked up a Stag Model 2 (My first AR!!!) the other day, and I really like the flip up sights. I plan on getting optics in the future, but for now the iron sights are great.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #10

I have a new (couple of months old) Stag 2T and it fit the bill for me, as I was going to put optics on it and I didn't want to have to buy back up iron sights (BUIS)
* BUIS are a good idea to have on your rifle should a person have their optic go down for some unknown reason. *
If you got the model 1 and put optics on it, you would have to spend the extra for a BUIS on the rear.
Plus the A.R.M.S. BUIS that comes on the Model 2 is great. IMO.