Stag Arms 2TL - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag Arms 2TL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Nice work, vegasjeepguy!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeepguy View Post
After spending a day out in the desert, I am very impressed with this rifle. I was thinking Eotech holosight before, but now I am thinking Trijicon ACOG
Either would work well with your set-up. If you can afford the ACOG, by all means go with it. There's something to be said about not having to worry about batteries. I have Eotechs on a couple of mine, both in the "N" size and "AA" size batteries. I haven't really had any battery issues to date to speak of, but I'm pretty anal about taking batteries out of things that I know I won't be using for a while, and about keeping spares on hand. With the ACOG, you wouldn't have to worry about it.

I also like the magnification built-in on the ACOG, as opposed to the 3x magnifier that I have to mount if I want magnification on the Eotechs. The flip side of that would be...for close up work, I don't have to worry about the magnification putting things out of focus either, when I'm using the Eotech.

But, you can get the ACOG that has the built in red dot head's up display on the side, for close up work.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-12846-225-trijicon-4x32-acog-rifle-scope.aspx

All it takes is....just a little more dough

Slo

Last edited by slowryde45; 10-04-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: add link

Old 10-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #13

^^^
yeah, that is exactly what I am thinking

Old 10-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Aw, why'd you have to go and show me that?!

Old 10-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Honestly Terry, the ACOG is a nice set of optics, but the reticle can get a little confusing until you get used to it. With the high price added in, there are better choices.

I'd look at 2 MOA Aimpoint COMP M3. They sell for about $500. They offer quicker target acquisition and with the 2 MOA dot, you're able to engage anything within the range of the AR platform.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Honestly Terry, the ACOG is a nice set of optics, but the reticle can get a little confusing until you get used to it. With the high price added in, there are better choices.

I'd look at 2 MOA Aimpoint COMP M3. They sell for about $500. They offer quicker target acquisition and with the 2 MOA dot, you're able to engage anything within the range of the AR platform.
Matt,

I'm just not a fan of the Aimpoint. A buddy has 3 AR's...one with an Aimpoint, one with an ACOG and one with an EOTech. I like the magnification of the ACOG and I'm not concerned about price. Maybe I'll have to do the same and buy three platforms...

Old 10-04-2008, 11:47 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeepguy View Post
Matt,

I'm just not a fan of the Aimpoint. A buddy has 3 AR's...one with an Aimpoint, one with an ACOG and one with an EOTech. I like the magnification of the ACOG and I'm not concerned about price. Maybe I'll have to do the same and buy three platforms...
If cash is no issue, then the ACOG is a great choice. Just buy a case of ammo to burn getting used to the reticle. Lemme' know how she handles, I'd like to put one on the M14 if I ever get the chance to order it before they're outlawed.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post

You mean like this one....

http://www.swfa.com/pc-7765-842-aimpoint-compm3-30mm-red-dot-sight.aspx

Actually...I'd like to try this one next. Specially with 80,000 hour battery life??

http://www.swfa.com/pc-9224-1268-aimpoint-micro-t-1-red-dot-sight.aspx

Slo

Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 AM   #19

a great day to be in the desert shooting

zeroing

the genetic gene pool

Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 AM   #20

EOTech 512 installed