Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

i did not claim that i ran 1,000's of rounds thru the gun.. i told you i ran 900.. during those 900 rounds it worked 100%... there are quite a few guns that for 900 rounds (including break in) would have issues of some sort. my stag has not. I know of a delton ar15 that can not say the same thing. I'm not saying that all Stags are issue free or that all other guns are junk, just that in my experience MY stag works flawlessly.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse
i did not claim that i ran 1,000's of rounds thru the gun.. i told you i ran 900.. during those 900 rounds it worked 100%... there are quite a few guns that for 900 rounds (including break in) would have issues of some sort. my stag has not. I know of a delton ar15 that can not say the same thing. I'm not saying that all Stags are issue free or that all other guns are junk, just that in my experience MY stag works flawlessly.
I understood what you said. You recommened a brand due to it's reliability based off of 900 rounds fired over the span of 3 years. Not trying to bust your chops but want all the variables available for those trying to make an informed decision.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'll probably have at least 500 through mine by this weekend and I already put about 200 through it the day after I bought it.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat
I'll probably have at least 500 through mine by this weekend and I already put about 200 through it the day after I bought it.
Awesome. New firearms are a crap load of fun.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quick retraction and question about a previous post of mine. Are Stags MilSpec? It says MilSpec upper and lower but I thought I read somewhere that they don't have a MilSpec barrel. Can anyone clarify this? and/or what defines a MilSpec barrel? Thanks.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #26

Liked 941 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 931

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Quick retraction and question about a previous post of mine. Are Stags MilSpec? It says MilSpec upper and lower but I thought I read somewhere that they don't have a MilSpec barrel. Can anyone clarify this? and/or what defines a MilSpec barrel? Thanks.
The Stags with the performance upgrade are supposed to be milspec. Like you said, an upper receiver with M4 feed ramps would be milspec. Also:

M4 Feed Ramp Barrel Extension (USGI)
USGI 1/7 Twist Rates
USGI 5.56 NATO Chambers
Mil-Spec 11595E - Barrel Steel (CMV)
Chrome Lined Bore and Chamber
Manganese Phosphate Barrel Finish
HPT (High Pressure Test) Barrel and bolt
MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected) Barrel and bolt, shot peened

milspec RE, H buffer

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-15-2012, 01:32 AM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat
Thay offer "milspec" features for extra

-John Ruskin

Quote: