Stag - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Stag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
$879 plus tax. Came with 1 30 rounder, hardcase and a lifetime warranty. Between the warranty and hearing great things about their customer service is what made me look at Stag.
Was that with the performance package or whatever Stag calls their $100 add-on?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nope. Thats just the basic one. I ran across it at a gun shop around here. I didn't know about the upgrade package till afterwards that gives you the M4 ramps, MilSpec barrel 1:7 I think, and extra mag. But as far as the upgrades go, I don't really need them. I'll just be taking it to the range and smashing plates at about 100 yards. Nothing special. It's as accurate as I can be. The only addition I plan on making is a decent red dot.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:33 PM   #13

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Nope. Thats just the basic one. I ran across it at a gun shop around here. I didn't know about the upgrade package till afterwards that gives you the M4 ramps, MilSpec barrel 1:7 I think, and extra mag. But as far as the upgrades go, I don't really need them. I'll just be taking it to the range and smashing plates at about 100 yards. Nothing special. It's as accurate as I can be. The only addition I plan on making is a decent red dot.
Well you should be all right, Stag does a decent job and has good CS. Not my first choice but Stag is better than a lot of other ARs and has a nice rollmark to boot.

And you know what comes next...

Pics or it didn't happen!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat

$879 plus tax. Came with 1 30 rounder, hardcase and a lifetime warranty. Between the warranty and hearing great things about their customer service is what made me look at Stag.
I've heard decent and I've heard bad but at that price do you think you should have to pay an additional $100 for what other rifles come with standard?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #15

Likes Given: 2

i've got a stag model 1... i love it, never had a FTE or FTF.. works flawless for the 900+ rounds i've run thru it both really fast rapid fire close up, and its really accurate at long ranges. I couldn't recommend it any stronger, its the most dependable and accurate gun i own..

Old 02-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse
i've got a stag model 1... i love it, never had a FTE or FTF.. works flawless for the 900+ rounds i've run thru it both really fast rapid fire close up, and its really accurate at long ranges. I couldn't recommend it any stronger, its the most dependable and accurate gun i own..
How long have you owned it?

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #17

Likes Given: 2

i'm going on 3 years with the AR come march... it's more reliable than my wasr-10 is, but i think that has to do with the fact that i only use quality ammo in the AR and cheap tula in the AK..

Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've heard lots of great thing about Stag and a few bad. I do know one thing, never buy Bushmaster. but here's my current family picture.

img_20120213_194211.jpg  

Old 02-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #19

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnorse
i'm going on 3 years with the AR come march... it's more reliable than my wasr-10 is, but i think that has to do with the fact that i only use quality ammo in the AR and cheap tula in the AK..
Do you feel 300 rounds a year is a good qualifier to recommend it or praise it's reliability?

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat
I've heard lots of great thing about Stag and a few bad. I do know one thing, never buy Bushmaster. but here's my current family picture.
Cool, nice variety.

-John Ruskin

Quote: